What's new

Flash Forward - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought how Frost booby trapped the chair Noh's was strapped to was a clever trick I didn't see coming. I'm referring to when Mark pulled Noh off the chair, I was surprised the sprinklers came on to wash the chalk board off. Of course, no one but a James Bond style villain would create such an outlandish chalk board on a full wall to map out the flashes.

I'm disappointed that Mark and Olivia seem to be separating. But it could be a self fulfilling thing.

I'm still a little confused about Janis. She was revealed to be the real mole by Simon at the end of the episode they sniffed out the other mole?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

I'm still a little confused about Janis. She was revealed to be the real mole by Simon at the end of the episode they sniffed out the other mole?
She is a second mole, apparently also working for the people who hired Frost and engineered the blackout - for some as yet undetermined reason. I'm guessing that since they want the QED devices that let people move about, they have something complicated planned while everyone else is out on the next blackout. As for Janis, we don't know what her current instructions are.

Good episode. My wife noted it was a brassy way to set your show up for a six-year run :)
Unfortunately, we are just going to get this one year. Even though I know it is quite different, I am going to have to read the original Flash Forward book.

How did Alda know where Frost was going to meet Mark? At least her little bit of information (though she knew loads more) helped Mark find Demetri. The people who hired her definitely had a lot of power to be able to arrange for her escape in time and make sure no one could follow her.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Neil, for clearing that up for me about Janis. It just seems odd that if she's one of the "Bad" guys, why she got together with Noh. Perhaps she is conflicted as she didn't expect her flash forward.

I guess they dropped the who plot about the Japanese girl and the doc. And the storyline with Mark's AA sponsor's secret mission status is still unknown.

I'm guessing all these little bits that have come up are going to be tied together in future episodes or left unresolved. Could be due to them changing the events of the timeline.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

Thanks Neil, for clearing that up for me about Janis. It just seems odd that if she's one of the "Bad" guys, why she got together with Noh. Perhaps she is conflicted as she didn't expect her flash forward.

I guess they dropped the who plot about the Japanese girl and the doc. And the storyline with Mark's AA sponsor's secret mission status is still unknown.

I'm guessing all these little bits that have come up are going to be tied together in future episodes or left unresolved. Could be due to them changing the events of the timeline.
I do expect that she is conflicted.

The last episode was March 15 and it would have been a mistake if they had gone to any of the other plotlines. It just made good sense to concentrate on resolving this one. I'm sure we'll see more of the other ones soon enough.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I thought it was a little surprising that Mark didn't whip out his phone and snap off a quick picture or two when the water started to erase Frost's chalkboard map.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Willey

I thought it was a little surprising that Mark didn't whip out his phone and snap off a quick picture or two when the water started to erase Frost's chalkboard map.
That was a slight surprise, but understandable. He was completely emotionally exhausted at the time and I can believe he missed the opportunity.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
What annoyed me most about that (otherwise quite decent) episode was that neither Mark nor Demetri thought to put something in between Demetri and the gun to take the bullet - there looked to me like there were plenty of things in the room they could have used for shielding.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by PhilipG

What annoyed me most about that (otherwise quite decent) episode was that neither Mark nor Demetri thought to put something in between Demetri and the gun to take the bullet - there looked to me like there were plenty of things in the room they could have used for shielding.
???? They both thought of it. The problem is, Dyson Frost thought of it first. Mark suggested exactly this idea and Demitri immediately warned him that Frost's boobytraps included one that would fire the gun if Mark attempted to put anything between Demitri and the bullet. That's why Mark stayed mostly behind the gun assembly and away from the space in between Noh and the gun.

Regards,

Joe

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino

???? They both thought of it. The problem is, Dyson Frost thought of it first. Mark suggested exactly this idea and Demitri immediately warned him that Frost's boobytraps included one that would fire the gun if Mark attempted to put anything between Demitri and the bullet. That's why Mark stayed mostly behind the gun assembly and away from the space in between Noh and the gun.

Regards,

Joe
Yup. The dialogue was slightly quiet when Mark mentioned it (at least on my feed), but it was definitely said. Although, I'm not sure that it still wouldn't be possible to do it--but obviously they weren't taking any chances with Demitri's life at stake.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Wow...did the few left watching this abandon ship? [/COLOR]

I am still here.

This was the best episode thus far for the show, but
all in all, I'm just viewing the show to get to the end of it.

In other words, the first half of the season was pretty
poor. The retool (which was necessary) added some
spunk to the story and the show has been somewhat
better in recent weeks.

However, I still have a very empty feeling about this
show. I don't really care about any of the characters
and the story really hasn't been that intriguing. I think
that Joseph Fiennes has given a very wooden performance
with the same sulken look on his face show after show.

Deep down inside I hope the show ends this year so I
can move on to something else. As I said, I just invested
so much time into this thing already so I want to see it
through -- but it's not a great show by any means.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino

Regards,

Joe
A-ha, I must have missed that. I thought that the boobytraps were only around the chair. The floor between them (where Frost was roaming about) seemed clear to me, other than the cable from the chair to the gun rig. :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by PhilipG ">[/url]

A-ha, I must have missed that. I thought that the boobytraps were only around the chair. The floor between them (where Frost was roaming about) seemed clear to me, other than the cable from the chair to the gun rig. :-)
[/QUOTE]I don't think Frost activated all this little toys until he was leaving. Remember, he was seated in the crazy section, not the stupid section.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein ">[/url]

As I said, I just invested
so much time into this thing already so I want to see it
through -- but it's not a great show by any means. [/QUOTE]
Can you remember from your flash forward if you saw it on Apr 29th, (which is tomorrow, so we should be up to date with the flash forward). Except they don't seem to be doing that, since the last episode was only March 15th.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, after all the build-up about the April 29th episode, I was disappointed that they didn't follow-through. Possibly because of the hiatus? A couple interesting twists in this episode...but again, no comments two days later in this thread. I found it kind of ironic that they are promoting "Happy Town" (with its own abysmal ratings) during "FlashForward". Isn't that "the blind leading the blind" as my Mom used to say?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
With a crowded Thursday line-up on all the broadcast channels, I rarely get to FlashForward until the weekend these days. That being said, the box-within-a-box-within-s-box moley-moley-Janice subplot is only a little bit interesting, but still more interesting than even the QED ring reveal just because the mysteries tied to the Flash Forward has lost momentum and is nothing more than a plot device to drive the subplots forwards and backwards for a 1-and-done season (the ratings are dreadful for a Thursday night show).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If the ratings are that bad I would bet that the show is about
to end for good.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by EricSchulz

Yeah, after all the build-up about the April 29th episode, I was disappointed that they didn't follow-through. Possibly because of the hiatus?
It is wasn't for the hiatus they could have timed it so that in the show it would have been April 29 on April 29. I think that was a missed opportunity. Still, I was pleased to see that our mole was a double agent.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
With 4 episodes left and it still being mid to late March in the show's timeline, it seems like the finale is going to be set on or close to April 29. So hiatus or not, they weren't going to air the April 29 episode on the real April 29.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks