1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Flaming Lips LIVE

Discussion in 'Music' started by Patrick Larkin, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

Anyone here ever catch a Flaming Lips show? I'm thinking about going to see them later this month and I'm wondering if they are good live.

2. ChrisP

ChrisP Agent

They're great live. And not only do they put on a good show musically, but also an amazing performace visually. They're very fun. I wont spoil any of it for you, but they put on a very creative and high energy stage show. If you like their albums, particularly Yoshimi and Soft Bulletin, I cant recommend enough that you go see them.

3. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

The FLips are amazing live. You'll be smiling from ear to ear as you leave.

4. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

Saw 'em last year with Beck, and for a bunch of "old" guys, they put on one of the most energetic, fun, and surreal shows I've ever seen. I literally had a smile on my face for their whole set, and I was totally sober. [​IMG] They sang me "Happy Birthday", too--which was cool.

5. Steve Kuester

Steve Kuester Second Unit

Same here. They're a whole lotta fun live.

6. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Screenwriter

I saw them play live about seven years ago and it's still one of the best shows I have ever seen.

7. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

I'm seeing them at the end of the month. Can't wait since I've missed them the last two times they were in town. Looking forward to it.

8. Paul D Young

Paul D Young Second Unit

I wish I had something substantial to add, but I agree with everyone who says that they are great live.
    I once saw them perform 3 times within a 48 hour period and I still didn't get tired of them.

9. Peter Loan

Peter Loan Second Unit

I just got tickets for their show in Hollywood. I've got The Flaming Lips, Built To Spill, and Coldplay going on within the same week[​IMG]

10. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

They were support the last time I saw Mercury Rev, and I didn't even realise until I got there. Boy, was I pleased. Amazing gig.