What's new

Flags of Our Fathers Collector's Edition Blu-Ray and HD-DVD (1 Viewer)

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
from highdefdigest.com:

"Though many expected a day-and-date release for 'Flags' when the film premiered on standard-def DVD in early February, Paramount had been holding off on an HD DVD and Blu-ray release to coincide with this new, deluxe two-disc edition, which will also see a concurrent DVD release on May 22. No specs have yet to be announced, aside from 1080p transfers on both (with Blu-ray getting MPEG-2, and HD DVD VC-1), plus Dolby Digital 5.1 surround tracks (bitrates TBA). However, with full two discs to fill out, we can only expect an impressive release."

Very happy that it's a 2 Disc Set....

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Cool. I hope they don't follow the same pattern for Letters From Iwo Jima, though. In fact, I hope this doesn't become a trend in general, as it's somewhat disconcerting to think that HD and BD owners may have to wait until a film's second release on DVD to receive the film the first time. Not saying it's going to happen or anything. It could just be that Flags of our Fathers has a sort of weird status in that it has a companion film (I don't doubt that Paramount came out with the single disc release as a way to also promote Letters from Iwo Jima).

Brent T

Second Unit
Will the HD-DVD and the BD both be double discs ? Does the BD have anything extra that the HD wont ?

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

If it follows Paramounts Failure to Launch, it will be:

HD VC-1
BD MPEG-2

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

If it follows Paramounts 'Failure to Launch', it will be:

Dual Disk set
HD VC-1 DD 1.5 mb
BD MPEG-2 DD 640 kb

But I do not think the specs are released yet.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I look forward to the HD DVD since the transfer on the SD DVD is pretty marginal and I think the HD version should be a huge improvement.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Why does Amazon say the HD DVD will ship in 2-4 weeks?

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Paramount's still at it again with substandard audio. Are these guys just slow over there? It takes an act of God to even get them to do really good special editions as it is. On laserdisc (boy, I just dated myself) it took forever to even get them to do 5 chapter stops on their discs! Jeez!

Dan

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
While the Dolby Digital AC-3 laserdisc of Mission Impossible remains to this very day, the finest audio experience these ears have ever heard in a Home Theater...Dan I do agree with you on the chapter stops. I remember that ld had only 6 or so stops. I think Forest Gump was equally bad in this area too. :)

Seems like with Paramounts rather paltry entry for both formats in 2007 it's a wonder we're getting this at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks