What's new

Fix Rotel RSX-1057 or buy new (1 Viewer)

Brutiger

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
I have an RSX-1057 that as a bad digital board or power supply. I'm being told it will cost around $350-$400 to get it fixed. Should I get it fixed or just buy a new receiver. I would probably not buy Rotel again, because this one is only 5.5 years old, 6 months out of warranty. Rotel is not willing to do anything but fix out of warranty.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
5 1/2 years is an eternity in the world of HT receivers. The 1057 is a 5.1 receiver with only 2 hdmi inputs (version 1.1). No room correction, no TrueHD or Master Audio decoding. But you would have to spend a lot to get the same quality of a Rotel. Maybe Cambridge Audio or NAD? Marantz (6006)? H/K (7550HD)? Or maybe a good used receiver. I recently picked up a 2 year old (but good as new) Pioneer Elite SC-27 for $600 shipped off Audiogon and it's fantastic! Does everything I need it to do. I'd download a couple of receivers owners manuals to see if a new receiver would be worth the cost. But my guess is it would be. They've come a long way in 5 1/2 years. Not so much in souns quality (room correction not withstanding) but in features, decoding and compatability.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks