1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Five Warner Titles For 2012

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Billy Batson, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Billy Batson

Billy Batson Well-Known Member

Alan
    So Warner are releasing 40-50 catalogue titles next year on Blu, so how about five titles you'd like: She Wore A Yellow Ribbon - this should look fantastic on Blu Scaramouche - maybe include the silent version like they did on the French DVD release The Curse Of Frankenstein The Horror Of Dracula - I'm sure they've got the framing sorted out by now The Great Race I don't think anyone has started a similar thread, I had a quick look.

2. ahollis

ahollis Well-Known Member

Allen
    My five are

The Great Race

Raintree County

Ryan's Daughter

The Haunting (1963)

Ice Station Zebra

I guess I tend to enjoy the epics.

3. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    For me:

The Great Race

Gypsy

The Nun's Story

Love Me or Leave Me

Cabaret

BTW, they announced late last year that Singin' in the Rain, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, and Camelot would be released in 2012, so there are three of their 40-50 releases right there.

4. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Well-Known Member

That's a good start, but if I actually sat down and tried to list every Warner movie that I want on dvd, it'd be a hell of a lot more than 5 films, let me tell you! I know they'll neglect some of my personal favorites, but they'll surely put out at least a few of them. And I think I'd better find a second job just to keep up with all these blu-rays that are suddenly flooding out this year and next...

5. jaaguir

jaaguir Well-Known Member

40-50 titles in a year sounds pretty good, until you realize that's for all catalog, meaning titles of the 90's, 80's... In the end we know most titles will be 90's movies. The pre-1960 titles released will be like 5, as always on blu-ray. Which is ironic, since most people who get excited anticipating catalog releases are usually old movie lovers. Even all your lists posted so far fit that, although they do include some 60's movies, which still is quite close to that.

6. GMpasqua

GMpasqua Well-Known Member

Greg
    Yeah, expect to be disappointed. After Bill Hunt wrote about the coming 40-50 titles he said look forward to seeing "Dave" and "The American President" in 2012

Oh Boy! I am so not excited!

Oh and WB anounced in 2010 that "Singing in the Rain", "Camelot" and "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" are coming out in 2012. Yeah, thanks a bunch WB for letting us know TWO years in advance (I don't even know where I'll be living I two years let alone start planning my disc purchases then) Plus I only buy WB disc when they are heavily discounted so it'll be another year - and by that time the newness factor has worn off and I usually pass on them. Better start saving those pennies now

Oh Well, that's money I can put to something other than a Warner Bros Blu-ray disc....Maybe Paramount will be where my money goes

7. montrealfilmguy

montrealfilmguy Well-Known Member

5 titles i'd like can i just say The haunting 5 times ? no my titles would be The haunting. Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf. The horror of Dracula. lemme see about the 2 left. where is that list actually ? in here somewhere or thedigitalbits?

8. GMpasqua

GMpasqua Well-Known Member

Greg
    and remember George said Black and White doesn't sell - so no 30, 40 or 50 films (most WB films from that period were Black and White)

If you want a bunch of films from 1980 through 2010 you may be excited but the rest...come guys, who you kidding?

9. Billy Batson

Billy Batson Well-Known Member

Alan
    A lot of colour films in the 50's, here's another five: Lust For Life Bad Day At Black Rock Mister Roberts The Naked & The Dead Land Of The Pharaohs

10. John Morgan

John Morgan Well-Known Member

John
    I would only add AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS (1956) to this list.

11. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Well-Known Member

Patrick McCart
    Any silents on Blu would be great... The Cameraman/Spite Marriage double feature Greed The Wind The Big Parade The Crowd

12. Towergrove

Towergrove Well-Known Member

Any Fred and Ginger Movies. Also I would like a good copy of Raintree County. I am still hoping my DVR doesn't give out as I have a copy of Raintree on that which I treasure.

13. Peter McM

Peter McM Well-Known Member

Hoping that WB will do something special for the 50th anniversary of The Music Man...after the recent Blu-ray issue disappeared so fast.

14. Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino Well-Known Member

1) John Wayne: McQ 2) Steven Seagal: Hard to Kill 3) Burt Reynolds: Sharky´s Machine 4) Clint Eastwood: Tightrope 5) Steven Seagal: Exit Wounds

15. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Well-Known Member

Andy Budgell
    I'd love an Elizabeth Taylor Blu-ray boxed set with: RAINTREE COUNTY NATIONAL VELVET CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF BUTTERFIELD 8 WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?

16. montrealfilmguy

montrealfilmguy Well-Known Member

I thought people were listing film on the 2012 Warner list Oh well,if we're all just speculating..then.. Bette Davis-DANGEROUS (1935 ) Alcoholism has never been so sexy. A Scorsese favorite of mine AFTER HOURS (1985 )-great extras on the regular dvd THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR-Yul Brynner-post-apocalyptic film set in New-york 2012. I'm reading the Wikipedia list of Warner films,so it could be a list of 50 and not just 5.

17. bugsy-pal

bugsy-pal Well-Known Member

Paul
    So many to choose from... but of the big name movies, I'd like to see: The Big Sleep Mildred Pierce The Band Wagon A Streetcar Named Desire Rebel Without a Cause

18. Derek M Germano

Derek M Germano Well-Known Member

THE MUMMY (Hammer) THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD THEM! THE VAL LEWTON COLLECTION MR. SKEFFINGTON

19. trajan

trajan Well-Known Member

• WIND AND LION
      • RYANS DAUGHTER
        • THE GREAT RACE
          • GYPSY
            • FEARLESS

20. dana martin

dana martin Well-Known Member

Dana Martin
    Yankee Doodle Dandy

White Heat