What's new

Fist Full Of Dollars (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I noticed Gary over at DVD Beaver has a review up - with "screen shots" for this recent Italian BD release. Apparently Region free and includes a Mono English soundtrack. Although the Italian 5.1 PCM version will allow English subtitles. Nothing like watching Clint Eastwood talk Italian! I think I better get a copy after reading his very positive response! Wonder when any of them will be released here - I'd wait but....

OliverK

Senior HTF Member

Those caps look fantastic - definitely a must have either right now or when this is released in other countries !

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
There appears to be Italian releases of both My Name Is Nobody and For A Few Dollars More as well - looks to be a different company though ( Mondo Home Entertainment ). I am trying to find out if they also have English audio and are Region free. Hopefully there will be a review somewhere so one can find out how well they have been transferred to BD.

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that the caps look fantastic. I bought the Sergio Leone Anthology last year, but I cannot wait for MGM/Fox to release the films again on Blu-ray. Hopefully they will look equally good with original mono tracks all around. Also hoping for Scorsese's restoration of Once Upon a Time in the West.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
For a Few Dollars More is also available in Italy on Blu-Ray. Tempting. Very, very tempting. MGM really ought to get Blu-Rays out in America and the UK with original, restored mono and branching for 160 and 180-minute versions of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The extras on the SD editions were definitive, I feel.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member

It should be noted that as of now there is only one version of the first dollarfilm that is available with an English soundtrack, the other titles all have Italian only soundtracks.

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator
According to Gary, the restoration on the Italian Blu-ray was carried out by Cineteca di Bologna. Some searching reveals that they also did a photochemical/digital restoration from original negatives of For a Few Dollars More, so likely the same process was used here.

Unfortunately the restoration in the article above is only a digital one from a straight transfer of an interpositive, so will probably not look as good. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks