What's new

First Reciever you owned (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
When I was about 18, I built a Heathkit stereo receiver that cost $99. Then I bought a used Sansui, (it might have been yours Ricky c :) ), and there have been a few others since then and I bought myself an early birthday present of a 5 year old Denon 5803A, and later on, if I decide I really need it, I will add a stand alone Odyssey for room correction.

Happy Holidays to all!

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I never owned a receiver. My first stereo system was a fully integrated all-in-one system that I had in college. Pretty good for its time.

My first integrated amplifier was a used Pioneer that I bought from my neighbor in college. That lasted about six years as it was built very solid.

I then graduated in 1991 to an pre-amp/amp combo made by dbx. The pre-amp has died but the amp, all 400w per channel, is still going strong. I still use it today to run my Infinity Kappa 9 main speakers.

With the advent of multi channel systems, I've gone through three Yamaha DSP systems and still run my Yamaha A-2.

But, I still have fond memories of that Pioneer amp as it was the heart of my first serious system.

BTW, the oldest component in my current system is my Nakamichi Dragon, which I bought in the mid-80s and is still running strong.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Marantz 2216-B
Amazing sound and headroom from such a low power (16-watts per channel) 2-channel receiver. Also beautiful to look at. These Marantz receivers are worth more now than they sold for when in excellent to very good condition.

Many 2-channel receivers along with seperate Amps/Pre Amps have come and gone since then. With some still here. Still have a mint Marantz 2265-B 2-channel that sees play time in the bedroom. Love this old Marantz receiver and this pic just dose not do it's beauty justice, trust me.

Amps Pre Amps from SAE, Krell, PJ-1, Sansui, Rotel, HK, Pioneer & JVC are just some of the older gear taking up room in the closet. This is mostly late 70's early 80's stuff.

Cheers
Geoff ¥

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
In 1991 or 1992 (when I was 15) I bought the Onkyo TX-811. It's a decent stereo receiver that I used with an Onkyo CD player and some JBL bookshelf speakers I also purchased. I used it as my primary receiver until 2000 when I got my current receiver and 5.1 setup. I still have the receiver, CD player and speakers that I use as a secondary audio system in another room.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I bought a Kenwood KRV-990D in 1997, I think. It was one of the very first DD receivers on the market.

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
Denon AVR 1601 - in 2000 - used for the condo 5.1 HT

60 watts per channel - being used as a stereo setup for the upstairs TV

Current is a Denon 2307Ci in the basement HT - 6.1 now

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks