What's new

First Post-help choosing between Klipsch Quintet III vs JBL Northridge N24AWII spkrs (1 Viewer)

nafaught

Auditioning
Real Name
Nathan
First of all, this site has been very helpful for reviews and information while I'm planning my first home theater! I have 2 different sets of speakers that I plan to use as surround sound for my living room (10ft ceiling, 14x20). The main purpose of this system will be for frequent movie watching (action movies primarily) / frequent music listening (rock/pop/country/rap/) / light gaming. Also I am trying to stay budget conscious while not sacrificing too much on sound quality.

Details:
- I use a Polk PSW12 subwoofer (12" 100w rms) as my subwoofer (69.99)
- I use a Harmon Kardon AVR-247 receiver (299.99)
- I use a PS3 as my blu-ray / dvd player (399.99)

At best buy this morning I purchsed the following speakers at the following prices :

- Klipsch Quintet III speaker set (4 surrounds/1 center) : 299.99 total
- 2 sets of JBL Northridge N24AWII 4" speakers : 49.99 per set

They both look great although the JBL's are slightly larger than the Klipsch speakers. Basically I'm new to this whole home theater thing and would like to know which would be better to use in the environment I specified and if anyone has had alot of experience with either of the speaker sets I mentioned that I purchased.

Thanks so much for the help!

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Either brand would be a good entry level speaker. The biggest difference in the two: the Klipsch is a much brighter sounding speaker than the JBL. I have a set of JBL ND310's ( the old Northridge series) for my mains in a room very close to the size of yours and I really like the way they sound. Its a dedicated ht where I watch mostly action movies , listen to a little music, and game. I love the JBL's , but thats just me. You may prefer the brighter sound of the Klipsch's. Your best bet is to try each brand and see which appeals to you the most. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks