What's new

First Look: Alien Anthology Sideshow Collectible (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by SpaceJockey

WOW good point Johnny! I will go ahead and remove it... going to see how the Egg set looks on it first but it's easy to remove. Thanks for the heads-up!

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission
That's a shame, because I like the eggs, still you want the base to be visible.

Real Name
Ivan
Yeah I know, but I think it makes perfect sense without it, after all it's the goodie inside that's important LOL

Here is a photo of the display case now, I think i's 99% completed, I may not add anthing to it unless I come up with something but it wont be till October when I do. I will post more pictures tomorrow Enjoy!

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It's impressive. It looks like you are emulating the rust look of the Anthology itself. I like it.

Real Name
Ivan

Thanks Johnny!

Here are some more pictures. If I do anything to it, it may just be a few more base details, but otherwise I am done. Noticed in the interior shots, I made a graphic piece suggesting Alien's acid for blood rust. LOL. Glad you liked it. I cannot wait to see how the egg will display inside.

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
If you come to NYCC, bring it over to our booth and we can test it out!

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
CANADIANS -If you're in Toronto HMV are taking pre-orders for this at their booth at the Fan Expo which is running Fri-Sun at the Convention Centre .( Paid admission to the Fan Expo is required ) I believe it sells for $199 but they only took a $10 deposit until it arrives and I never bothered to confirm the final price.

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
Awesome that HMV has been allotted some Alien box sets!

Would have liked to go to Fan Expo this year - helluva great time of sci-fi and gore. Anchor Bay will be there promoting some titles. They will be screening the new "I Spit on Your Grave" with some cast/director present. The original was disturbing enough...I didn't get past the first hour of watching. I can't imagine how this film could be remade...?????????

BTW that display case is frickin' awesome!

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
who is going to NYCC? We are bringing the Alien booth there too....

Real Name
Ivan
Please take tons of pictures and post on here. Wish I could go but I am very far from NY, and someone please find out for me the dimensions of the Egg statue set :)

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by Rob W

CANADIANS -If you're in Toronto HMV are taking pre-orders for this at their booth at the Fan Expo which is running Fri-Sun at the Convention Centre .( Paid admission to the Fan Expo is required ) I believe it sells for $199 but they only took a $10 deposit until it arrives and I never bothered to confirm the final price.

This is true and the price is $200. Before taxes I believe. Nice egg. But not that nice.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by SpaceJockey

Please take tons of pictures and post on here. Wish I could go but I am very far from NY, and someone please find out for me the dimensions of the Egg statue set :)

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

You've had no luck getting those dimensions. I was wondering about those little led lights in the "floor" of your case, where the Egg will sit. The base of the Egg might be large enough to cover them and I'm hoping the lights are easy to move if you have to.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
While I'd happily schlep into town for a day knowing the Aliens booth is there, I'm making a big fat assumption that there would probably not be much else of direct interest to me. (If anyone thinks it's way more all-encompassing than what a non-comics/non-gaming person might think, please chime in.)

Real Name
Ivan
Johnny.. the entire base (inside is 14" by 10") so it should be enough room. I would assume the base of the Alien Egg is a little bit bigger than your typical CD case. The area "unlit" is about 6"x6"

Signing off..

...please wait

End of transmission

Real Name
Ivan
Hey everyone, Check out this link http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=19151751&postcount=869

It's the remastered BluRay of "Aliens"

Signing off..

..please wait

End of transmission

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Any movement on these Fox Connect pre-orders yet?
I figure not but I'm hoping (and praying) these get sent out this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks