What's new

First Look: Alien Anthology Sideshow Collectible (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Ivan
Ok so I contacted Sideshow Collectibles and they have no idea what the dimensions for the Egg set are. Unbelievable! So I will make my case 10 inches deep by 12 inches tall by 14 inches wide and hope that's big enough. It looks from the photo side by side with the regular set that the Egg is about 11" tall..

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Why don't you wait till you have the thing then make the cover?

Real Name
Ivan
Tony, that was the original plan, but the set wont come out till the end of October and November will be a busy month with Thanksgiving and all. I had already started building it, if it's taller than 12" I have found a way to modified the set to accommodate the height. I am so looking forward to this set is not even funny! I am so excited and it's 2 months away!

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ivan, if you're anything you are consistent. I googled your sign off and found a post from about 3 years ago on a blog or something with the same exact sign out.

Real Name
Ivan
LOL Tony,

I've used that for a very long time... kind of goes with the "Alien" motif and hence my name is 'the space jockey' it gives the impression I am sending a note from outer space or inner space.. I started using it when I was a member of a news forum like this one for the Alien Universe website around the time "Alien Resurrection" came out.

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Well, like Ivan, I'm anticipating this release too. The Guardian packaging has got me excited and I understand there's some decent software on the inside.

Ivan, you know you are required to post images of the set inside your custom built enclosure, don't you?

Real Name
Ivan
Of course I will share images of the case with you guys :)

I am about 60% completed. I will post when I am completely done. I hope to be done by the end of August. I have the base and the case done, the display case is made out of plexiglass and wood and the base is made of foam board, the base already has the "floor lighting effects" and it will be covered with wood trims and finishes for a better look. The title "Alien Anthology" will be on the front (even if it's on the Egg base too). The base is 16" by 12" and about 2" tall. The display is 10" deep, 12" tall and 14" wide.

Depending on how it goes, I will include the Alien Warrior and Ripley action figures from Kenner on the display with the Egg set. I wish I still had my Alien Queen from McFarlane to put on the set.

I hope to print in high quality images of the various Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection doorways inside the display attached to the plexiglass display to give the appearance like you are looking into a room...stay tune :)

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by SpaceJockey  

I hope to print in high quality images of the various Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection doorways inside the display attached to the plexiglass display to give the appearance like you are looking into a room...stay tune :)

I wonder if that might be a mix of too many different things. You might consider using images from just one of the movies. Just a thought.

Real Name
Ivan
Yeah Johnny,

I just thought about that this morning. It will be too much, so I just decided to put something like this in the back of the display. I was going to do it at every panel but it makes more sense to do it towards the back like a 'backdrop'. The good thing is that nothing will be finalized until I am happy with it.. thanks for the suggestion. I wish I had my The Making of Alien Resurrection book from 1998. The book showed detailed images of the set design and I cannot find this online. Pretty much the door way/opening shown at the start of the movie that opens up and shows the Ripley clone inside the tube. I want to re create something similar to that.

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Does anyone have a good picture of the egg packaging? One with a decent amount of pixel resolution so that it could be enlarged. If it had good contrast that would help too. I'm thinking of carving it on a pumpkin this year.

Real Name
Ivan
Here is some work in progress pictures of the Alien Anthology display case. Once I am done I will take some better quality ones. Enjoy :)

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That is excellent. I love how you've made the Plexiglas (or whatever it is) joins look industrial. Weyland Yutani would be proud.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Oh my God is that awesome!

Now you have to find a way to mass

produce them so some of us can purchase

a plexiglass case like that.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Oh my God is that awesome!

Now you have to find a way to mass

produce them so some of us can purchase

a plexiglass case like that.

Good idea.

Real Name
Ivan
HAHA Thanks guys!

I like to do arts and crafts so this is perfect. I had blown my budget for this one. Well, if I had a factory I would mass produced. I want to get it done by the end of August and I think I am able to finish it by then. But you know it's an endless cycle cause I can add and add and add and never stop lol. Thanks again for the compliments. I will take high res pictures when it's completely done and post. :)

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Those pictures of the eggs on the front, will they block the view of the base of Alien Anthology? I was noticing in the pictures from comic con that they gave the base a rusted look. I think that's worth displaying.

Real Name
Ivan
WOW good point Johnny! I will go ahead and remove it... going to see how the Egg set looks on it first but it's easy to remove. Thanks for the heads-up!

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks