What's new

First Look: Alien Anthology Sideshow Collectible (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Southpaw

I really want to order this but I still have reservations about how they are remastering this set. Is anyone else worried about this after what they did to Predator or am I just being paranoid?

Jason- In my opinion this is going to be Fox's tent pole release of the year, and that's saying something as they have a ton of great stuff coming out this year. Everything I have heard and seen so far indicates that they have done a spectacular job with this. I think Predator was an anomaly, and I have no problem recommending this release at this point. If you are interested in the limited edition packaging I recommend you pull the trigger now while they are still available.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

Jason- In my opinion this is going to be Fox's tent pole release of the year, and that's saying something as they have a ton of great stuff coming out this year. Everything I have heard and seen so far indicates that they have done a spectacular job with this. I think Predator was an anomaly, and I have no problem recommending this release at this point. If you are interested in the limited edition packaging I recommend you pull the trigger now while they are still available.

Went ahead and ordered. Thanks for pushing me over the edge, Adam. :)

I've never ordered from Fox Connect before, do they ship new releases on release date or a day or two before? Anyone have experience with this?

I'm just very excited....

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Southpaw . This is my first time as well. At their booth the person I ordered it from told me that I should have it on or before street--I am assuming it would be the same for orders placed on the website, but am not sure. I'll try to get an answer and post it later tonight.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I was rather impressed with the Collectible -- so much so

that I will probably order one myself.

With the 10% off coupon code (COMIC) the price drops

to $134 which is almost $40 more than the standalone set.

For that price difference it's very tempting to consider upgrading.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

I was rather impressed with the Collectible -- so much so

that I will probably order one myself.
I can imagine you've at least examined a few collectibles over the life of the HTF, so that speaks well for the Egg. BTW, has anyone figured out how the discs are stored in the Egg, how you remove them, and are they going to be in a according style fold-out, which which not be my first choice?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I can imagine you've at least examined a few collectibles over the life of the HTF, so that speaks well for the Egg.

Hi Johnny!

Actually, I know nothing about collectibles so don't gauge my impressions

as being professional.

I just think the "egg" collectible looks rather neat.

The packaging that is included is the standalone packaging. It simply
inserts in a door in the base of the egg.

....at least that is how I quickly saw it being demonstrated to us.

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
James Cameron's reaction to seeing the new ALIENS on Blu-ray was (semi-quote): THIS is the way the movie was meant to be seen!

So take from that what you will.

dlbsyst

Agent
Real Name
Will Brand
Originally Posted by Finn

Hey Gang - the Alien Anthology Blu-ray "egg" has become our best seller so far - Dollhouse and Simpsons S13 are all selling well too. We wanted to make sure that true fans had a chance to buy one of the 5,000 special collector edition's and you can - through foxconnect.com. And remember your card isn't charged until it is shipped in October :)

Are you sure Finn? I just checked my checking account and the money was set aside 3 times for some reason.( I will be calling FOXCONNECT monday morning and get this straightened out.

Will

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Oh, the temptation.

My only potential complaint/regret is that it looks like the standalone disc packaging is better looking or more substantial than the package to be stored in the egg. I wonder why the base isn't sized to hold the regular thing. Why design/create two separate packages?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Chas in CT

Hi Johnny!

Actually, I know nothing about collectibles so don't gauge my impressions

as being professional.

I just think the "egg" collectible looks rather neat.

The packaging that is included is the standalone packaging. It simply
inserts in a door in the base of the egg.

....at least that is how I quickly saw it being demonstrated to us.

According to what Ron saw, it is the standalone packaging that fits in the base of the Egg. At least, that was his impression. I hope that's true because the standalone packaging looks darn good.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

According to what Ron saw, it is the standalone packaging that fits in the base of the Egg. At least, that was his impression. I hope that's true because the standalone packaging looks darn good.

I thought so at first as well, but upon further inspection I don't think it is. I think the packaging is unique to the egg. I think they will be well protected in the egg---between the plastic shell and the Alien guarding it. Basically it boils down to do you want the limited edition light up collectible egg for approx $35 (surcharge over Amazon) or just the movies.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Finn

James Cameron's reaction to seeing the new ALIENS on Blu-ray was (semi-quote): THIS is the way the movie was meant to be seen!

So take from that what you will.

Good to hear. He is pretty picky with his releases (a good thing for us).

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

I thought so at first as well, but upon further inspection I don't think it is. I think the packaging is unique to the egg. I think they will be well protected in the egg---between the plastic shell and the Alien guarding it. Basically it boils down to do you want the limited edition light up collectible egg for approx $35 (surcharge over Amazon) or just the movies.
I would just like the packaging the Egg discs come in not to be a accordian foldout, if you know what I mean. However, if it is packaged that way, I still WANT the Egg.

Art Morales

Agent
My credit card was charged this morning.

Originally Posted by dlbsyst

Are you sure Finn? I just checked my checking account and the money was set aside 3 times for some reason.( I will be calling FOXCONNECT monday morning and get this straightened out.

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks