What's new

Firmware v2.0 now available -- adds TrueHD 5.1, fixes 720p output (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

Insert the disc into the player, play it, and follow the instructions on-screen (if I recall correctly from the last update).

- Steve

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Yeah this blows my mind. They keep coming out with fixes that dont just fix things, but improve the current offering. Now my only real complaint anymore is to get those software releases ROLLING!

pearlyred

Grip
Real Name
Lee

*drool* I'm stoked that I will be able to get HD audio using my current receiver, yay! Go analog!

Of course, this is only if i go with HD-DVD by the sounds of it. PS3.. hmm,,,

So is there a nice simple comparison anywhere between DD/DTS/DD+/TrueHD etc ?

Cheers

Real Name
Jeff Durboow
i haven't done any of the firmware upgrades i believe my unit was manuf. in june.. i am a bit nervous to upgrade..can you revert back if you have any problems??

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
According to a few, once you go 2.0 you can't go back. But I upgraded the firmware and the TrueHD makes it all worth it, to me.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I am not going to install a pirated beta copy of the firmware, guys.

Toshiba will release the final, supported version soon enough.

- Steve

H

Hank

I'm also waiting for the disc from Toshiba. I mailed in my firmware card, should I still give them a call?

Don May Jr

Stunt Coordinator
The "official" 2.0 firmware is available NOW for download from Toshiba, if your player is connected to the internet... I just upgraded mine to v2.0... took about 40 or so minutes.

Downloading an "unofficial" firmware release, in my opinion anyway, isn't recommended... just get the real thing.

Haven't played anything yet since the firmware upgrade... gotta get to work...

Hayes Preston

Stunt Coordinator

I don't know about 2.0, but the previous releases can be undone. You can install 1.4, and if you don't like it reinstall 1.2.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I downloaded the beta 2.0 and burned to CD-R. When inserted into the Toshiba the disc loaded and was recognized as a CD then "NO PLAY" scrolled across the front panel. What went wrong?

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
Any news on upgrading the RCA HDV5000 to 2.0?
Does Toshiba send out an upgrade disc?
Would that work on the RCA model?
Thanks for any information.

Ken_F

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, the firmware works on the RCA HDV5000. The firmware will preserve the branding info as well -- it recognizes whether you have the Toshiba or the RCA.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
did the official update.
now tell me again how do i check the fw version

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

Apparently, you pop in Phantom or Training Day, select the Dolby True HD track, and prepare to be blown away. :)

- Steve

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
Ken F:

When I tried to update my RCA it said it was already updated but the number on the left was still 1.4 (RCA had sent me the disc) so for some reason it's not working and I don't know what to do.
Thanks

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
Ken F:

It also said when I put in a disc with Tru HD sound that my player doesn't have that.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

FYI: It's been confirmed @ AVS that the download file @ RapidShare and the Toshiba Official 2.0 Firmware Update** IS IDENTICAL, both Versions read ...

2.0/1.0A/2.0S

So, choose your upgrade path option,

1) Ethernet
2) Wait for the CD from Toshiba
3) RapidShare download (option I used)

I must agree with others that have upgraded already, Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Does Sound Glorious playing "The Phantom of the Opera"!!! (my only HD DVD w/TrueHD at the moment ;))

So far, the slight pause that I've seen in the past w/a couple of my HD DVDs, ... is just that, ... a thing in the past! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: Thank YOU Toshiba!!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

**NOTE: RapidShare: "You have requested the file 2.0firmware.nrg (59324 KB). This file has been downloaded 1220 times already." (7:19am PST)

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread