What's new

Firefox Question Pertinent to the new Platform (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This was still an active issue for me tonight.

I decided to clear my cache...and it worked! :thumbs-up-smiley:

The only last bit of strangeness for me is that I still get the Huddler logo on my Firefox toolbar for the link to www.hometheaterforum.com.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
To show you what I mean...

While the three tabs containing HTF pages show the IP.Board logo, my HTF linbk on my Firefox Favorites Toolbar still has the old Huddler logo.

This is inconsequential to me...but I thought I'd let you know.

=========

EDIT: Well, I could not upload an image in this forum. I could do it, however, in another forum so here's a link to that image in another post.

I also still cannot figure out how to get the location of an image hosted on the HTF to use that URL to copy that image to another post on the forum

If it's not one thing...it's another.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
While the three tabs containing HTF pages show the IP.Board logo, my HTF linbk on my Firefox Favorites Toolbar still has the old Huddler logo.
They have to change the favicon.ico file that is loaded from the server. That was migrated over too.
I also still cannot figure out how to get the location of an image hosted on the HTF to use that URL to copy that image to another post on the forum
I am not sure but it this may be a feature of the forum software. That is you can only link to external and imported images/files
and not any on the local server itself.

Parker

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Mike Frezon said:
...HTF linbk on my Firefox Favorites Toolbar still has the old Huddler logo...
I had the same thing for a couple of days on the 3 systems I regularly use but it eventually cleared itself and the new logo now appears. I'd imagine yours will too after a day or three...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
HTF Huddler Logo copy.gif

Here's what I'm talking about. Maybe...like Howie says, now that I cleared my cache and I have finally got some "bad memory" cleared out, this will clear up, too.

And, thanks (to whomever) for fixing the ability to post images in this forum... :biggrin:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Mike Frezon said:
attachicon.gif
HTF Huddler Logo copy.gif

Here's what I'm talking about. Maybe...like Howie says, now that I cleared my cache and I have finally got some "bad memory" cleared out, this will clear up, too.

And, thanks (to whomever) for fixing the ability to post images in this forum... :biggrin:
Wait! That's what I'm seeing as well. I thought it was a new logo for the site and didn't realize it's the old Huddler one! It came in after a couple of days which is why I thought it was new so maybe they've not yet updated the favicon.ico file on the server as Parker indicated.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Right now I am seeing the one that is built in with the Invision software platform. The old Huddler icon is gone.
I looked for the old icon that HTF had on Huddler and couldn't find it on my PC. I still have the old .ico file
that we had on vBulletin.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Parker Clack said:
Right now I am seeing the one that is built in with the Invision software platform. The old Huddler icon is gone.
I looked for the old icon that HTF had on Huddler and couldn't find it on my PC. I still have the old .ico file
that we had on vBulletin.
For whatever reason, my work PC has retained the old vbulletin .ico, too! Classy!

I should see about sending that to my home PC and trying to use it there.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And as quiet as a mouse, the old Huddler logo on by Firefox Toolbar has given way to the new IP.Board favicon on my laptop.

Yay!

HTF Huddler Logo Gone.jpg

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
FWIW, I've been using Firefox for over a decade now and haven't had the issues that are being discussed here.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You didn't have to clear your cache to update the HTF links away from Huddler or to prompt the IP.Board favicon to load in your bookmarks, Gary?

Firefox has been my browser of choice since it appeared on the horizon, too. It doesn't really give me "issues." I'm just not the brightest sometimes about how to use it to my best advantage and to get it to be as up-to-date as possible.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Mike Frezon said:
You didn't have to clear your cache to update the HTF links away from Huddler or to prompt the IP.Board favicon to load in your bookmarks, Gary?
No, I didn't do a thing with it, Mike. And I'm using Firefox on both my home and work computer, and neither have given me any problems with getting to the new HTF. Guess I just got lucky somehow.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's like I had to rip tendrils of Huddler code from the brain stem of my PC in order for it to survive! It was strangling the life out of my computer!

tumblr_lwogbjfow41r7uxlro1_500.jpg

:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks