What's new

FIREFLY DVD Discussion Thread (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
Bill Hunt doesn't cite a source, but in the 7/10 update of The Digital Bits he states that apparently both Firefly and Buffy: Season 5 are due out December 9.

[rubbing grubby little palms together in anticipation]

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
And so the Lord Joss Whedon did appeareth before his High Priest, and thusly declared the Jaegarian prophecy to be so. And it was good. Very Very good

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I only pray that they will be in the correct order, and not the way they were aired.
Nothing else matters.

Glenn

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I only pray that they will be in the correct order, and not the way they were aired.
Does that really matter, even? I mean the list of the correct order is available online so if you don't mind getting up and switching discs more often that you would otherwise, it's easy enough to watch them in order.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Does that really matter, even? I mean the list of the correct order is available online so if you don't mind getting up and switching discs more often that you would otherwise, it's easy enough to watch them in order.
Yes it does, because 90% of people won't even think about it and end up turned off of one of the best shows of the past decade just like some people here were. The weakest episodes were shown first

JohnAP

Second Unit
Yeah, everything is going to be in correct order and shown the way Joss Whedon intended them to be seen. I'm pretty excited about this set. I found the first of the unaired episodes on the internet a while back and it was very entertaining, made me only more disappointed Fox cancelled it without even showing the final episodes.

Seems like there's a ton of tv releases coming out this fall that I have to get. I think this and the Freaks and Geeks set are what have me most excited though considering that the chances of shows that didn't make it a full season making it to dvd is practically nil. A big thanks go out to the creators of both series who worked hard to make the shows available.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I found the first of the unaired episodes on the internet a while back and it was very entertaining, made me only more disappointed Fox cancelled it without even showing the final episodes.
Actually, the last one they showed was intended to be the last one in the order. Joss wanted it to end with a bit of closure. There were bits that needed to be edited because of the episodes that weren't shown, but it'll be restored to its intended form in the DVD.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Whoohoo!

I found the 3 unaired eps on the net too. Really poor quality but great writing. Can't wait to see them in 16:9. Praying for 5.1 too.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
YES!! :emoji_thumbsup: Count me in!

I am so glad these are going to be 16:9 on the DVDs. The pan & scanning on these episodes was almost painful to watch.

It will be nice to see the three unaired eps as well. Can't wait!!

JohnAP

Second Unit
The fact that the pilot episode was shown last really says it all about the treatment of this series.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
The Digital Bits is saying that the episodes are full frame, but I could have sworn they were letterboxed on my 4:3 TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks