What's new

FINE T.V. MOVIES Not yet on DVD... (1 Viewer)

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
Martian Chronicles would be really neat. I've never seen them in order, just remember bits and pieces.

What about AUTOMAN, I loved that show...
or The Fall Guy (Heather Locklear, woo-hoo)

Streethawk was pretty cool, too.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I remembered another one...

Whilst reading my used copy of "Penn & Teller's Cruel Tricks For Dear Friends", I saw mention of a short film that aired on Showtime entitled "Invisible Thread", based on a story written by Penn. I would like to see this on DVD, if only for the cast, which included G. Gordon Liddy, Andy Warhol, Lydia Lunch, Bob Balaban, Dick Cavett, Whodini and Peter Wolf of The J. Geils Band.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

And no, that cast list is not a misnomer.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
how bout poison ivy with micheal j fox and that chick from the facts of life that was a great movie about a summer camp.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Josh, "Poison Ivy"? Wow, what a flashback to my childhood.

However I must vote for "12 Angry Men", the remake that aired on Showtime around 1997 I believe. It starred Jack Lemmon and George C. Scott (among many other big names.)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Someone mentioned Conspiracy, which I assume you mean the Kenneth Branaugh HBO movie. It's out and pretty easy to find.

I'd also like to cast my vote for Barbarians at the Gate.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I wish some studio would release THE FIFTH MISSILE on DVD. I liked the movie a lot, as I had read the book it was made from, THE GOLD CREW.
Does anyone else remember this movie? It had pretty good performances by Robert Conrad, Richard Roundtree, Sam Waterston, David Soul, Yvette Mimieux and the book was awesome.
Oh, I'd also like BY DAWNS EARLY LIGHT. And wasn't there a simliar movie called TWILIGHTS LAST GLEAMING

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'll second The Homecoming, but just to keep things karmically balanced, I'll add Lake Consequence....:)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
For myself, including some mini-series:
Bermuda Depths, The (1978)
By Dawn's Early Light (1990)
Challenge, The (1970)
Chill Factor, The (1973)
Deadly Dream (1971)
Executioner's Song, The (1982)
Haunts of the Very Rich (1972)
Jericho Mile, The (1979)
Kung Fu (1972)
Love War, The (1970)
Martian Chronicles, The (1980)
Old Man Who Cried Wolf, The (1970)
Ordeal (1973)
Rich Man, Poor Man (1976)
Savages (1974)
Shogun (1980)
Sole Survivor (1970)
Stranger Within, The (1974)
Tribes (1970)
Wild Palms (1993)
A lot of stuff from my formative years, and a few guilty pleasures. :) Some of these films were originally produced for the ABC TV Movie of the Week ( a program I watched religously. )
- Walter.

Edit - Remembered another title

Rob T

Screenwriter
NBC did a TV-movie around about '98 called House of Frankenstein. I'd love to have that on DVD. :)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Alice in Wonderland was a mini-series with part one being Alice in Wonderland and Part 2 being Through the Looking Glass....to properly release it, WB would include the TO BE CONTINUED subtitle and continue the story on the flip side or on the second disc.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Night Stalker(Darren McGavin)
...and its sequel, "The Night Strangler," have been available on DVD on a double feature disc from Anchor Bay for a long time, in very good presentations. They are both the full-length versions, "Strangler" actually running longer than its original airing.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I guess somebody already posted about Night Stalker/Strangler.

But how about "Scream, Pretty Peggy," a campy Psycho rip-off with Ted Bessell (Donald from "That Girl") as a murdering psychopath?

James Reader

Screenwriter
I will never give up the cause, so how about Brady Bunch in the White House?
Come on Paramount, this along with the two cinematic movies would make a great 3-pack (forget about all that Indiana Jones fuss for now! :))
Yes, I know that they are coming (2004 last date I seem to remember hearing) but they need to come sooner!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks