1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally upgrading to HDTV... with a few questions

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Andy Kramer, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Andy Kramer

Andy Kramer Active Member

Hey everyone,
    I am finally taking the dive and I am going to buy an HDTV. I have 2 models in mind, and I am having a hard time which one is better. So i want to hear form people who possibly have one of these tv's. The 1st one is a Sony KP-51WS500 51'. The other is a Toshiba 50H82 50'. I am leaning toward the Sony... but i cant help but look at the price of the two and say darn.. what should I do. They both pull all the typical HD resolutions. The Toshiba has IDSC Pro which seems loke a nice feature. On the other hand the Sony has a DVI input which is gonna be big in a few years. So that is question 1.

Question 2, the HD_TV from Comcast... how is it, and ive been trying to figure out if this is a very expensive monthly procedure. I am assuming it is worth it (better picture and all). But i havent been overly happy with the quaility of Comcast cable sometimes. But it works. I guess that covers all my questions on going HD! I cant wait. I appreciate all you're responses.

Thanks Andy