What's new

Finally - The Fall Guy! (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
The bar fight scene is definitely edited -- and blurred. That is (was?) Paul Williams on the stage. The blurring of his long-shots was in addition to the removal of his close-ups.

The editing is very noticeable. At one point, when Colt sees Howie, he says "Give me a hand!" It then immediately cuts to a scene of Colt in the parking lot. Many people will assume their disc is skipping during this bar scene. What a shame.

Otherwise, the tranfers are very nice (except for the aforementioned stock footage shots.)

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Mark, the cool thing about Amazon is that there is free shipping and no taxes. Besides that, and the cost of gas, there is a $5 savings. Just a question of can a person wait 10 extra days to save $5.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I guess it varies depending where you live with the amazon free shipping. I received my fall guy set yesterday and that was with free shipping. It shipped out on saturday. It is rare that i get things by street date though using free shipping, usually it is by the end of the week of release.

I watched a few episodes so far and they look fantastic. I didn't find the bar scene in the pilot to be that bad. I saw the blurred out bit and when colt asks howie for help, the abrupt cut to outside actually kinda works. It is ashame though but i will live. No big deal... aslong as things like this are kept to a minimum.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I haven't picked the set up yet, getting mine this afternoon. If there are music cuts, I can live with it. After all it's The Fall Guy not WKRP.
I would just love to have each season on DVD.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Has there been any news on the release of season 2?I enjoyed the first season,and hope sales were good enough to warrant the release of the second.In the seond season,Markie Post joins the cast as Terri Shannon/Michaels.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Yikes I just found out. When they have the cross over episode with Trauma Centre(did you know Lou Ferrigno is in that series) this Fall Guy episode is gonna be majorly cut. Because they are only gonna show the Fall Guy parts not the Trauma Centre parts.

Well this is another series I am collecting. Because this series doesn't come on tv anymore anywhere. as to some others I am starting to collect because of this.

For some other info to let everyone know is Trauma Centre is the only cross over episode. And The Fall guy is the series that starts up the series Trauma Centre.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I hope also hope The Fall Guy has sold well. I'm really enjoying watching these, and hope to hear about season 2 in the near future!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Great minds think alike. I took advantage of this price too and just ordered about an hour ago. I like Lee Majors in all his shows, so at this price I couldn't pass this later series up.

Gary "Jeff, be looking for an email from me later today" O.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I hope this "sale" doesn't mean that it did not sell well and any chance of future seasons have been axed..I was hoping for all 5 of this one. But then again, this is Fox..
:frowning:

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Dan,

There's no telling about future releases but I wouldn't read much into this one-day sale thing. There could be other reasons for the sale. One thing I know for sure about this hobby (TV/DVD collecting)...and that is...

"It Ain't Over till it's Over" :)

I'm just glad that Amazon put up this sale since this was one that I passed on initially and was waiting for a price drop before buying it.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Gary,

Fall Guy was one that I liked but it was lower on my runway than other sets so I needed a sale to pick this one up.

"Great minds"? Where? Not in my mirror :laugh:
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Jeff "will be checking the mailbox" W :)

Duane Alford

Second Unit

I'm hoping for the same thing. I want all 5 seasons too (as long as they don't only sell split season sets). I picked this up at Best Buy here in Dalllas last week. Yeah it's a little more, but I'll live with it since there's no telling when I'll be back home in Miami.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Darn with all the fall guy email notfications in my box, i got excited thinking season 2 was announced. But that $20 is a steal get it asap if you have not. I paid $40 during release week and i thought it was a steal at even that price.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Yeah they just sent me an email about this sale. But wait its only in American US funds its not that cheap for us Canadians. With the shipping and stuff it is more worth it to just buy it here in BC.

Even out dollar is better but its still better for Americans to pick this up.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I just checked the Amazon sales rank, and the complete season 1 is at #5,346,
and the season 1. vol.1 is at #31,748. Looks like complete season sets are much more popular than the volumes. I'm really hoping for a complete second season.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
It's disappointing there hasn't been any news about the release of the second season,considering how the first was released back in June.I thought we would have heard news,by now,for a release in early 2008.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks