What's new

Finally - The Fall Guy! (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter

Thanks. I love the cover art they've done for the complete set.

I saved this in my Amazon.com Shopping Cart yesterday. Now I'm just waiting for reviews.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I love the complete set box cover better also. Why the price and also why make it available in 2 sets I don't get it.

Can't wait for season 3 the crossover episode and how Trauma Centre got its start a short lived series but was good.

I also wonder if it will show the entire 2 parter or will that episode TRAUMA be only a 1parter? Cause its conclusion is on the Trauma Centre series.
But it replayed it as 1 episode with no cuts.

I started taping it when The Fall Guy was in season 3.

Duane Alford

Second Unit

Oh man, she was the hottest woman on the planet. Sadly, Father Time has not been so kind. But, I'll remember her how she was. :)

Duane Alford

Second Unit

I had one of those Matchbox trucks too. I might still have it. I'll have to look for it whenever I get home to Miami.

I also had a Matchbox truck of BJ & The Bear's semi. Now if only we can get that one too.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I'm looking forward to picking this up next week. I haven't seen any episodes since the '80's but remembered loving it. Hopefully we will see all five seasons released at some point..

LCD22

Screenwriter
There will be music replacements. The following information came from NOMA Music (http://www.nomamusic.com/directory.htm - click on "Placements" and scroll up).

Fox licensed from Robert Allen are "Sure Been Missing You", which you can listen to on his official website (http://www.robertallensongs.com/), and the other song is "Till I Found You". I haven't checked out the other artists, and I don't know yet what songs have been replaced.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Interesting find there.. I don't recall any music from the fall guy playing a major role in anything, other than the memorable unknown stuntman theme song and thankfully that is there. It will be interesting to see where these replacements come in. I wonder if its just background music in the bar type locations.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I remember as a young teenager getting my cheap thrill when her boobs flashed in a scene of Zapped! Only to be bummed to find it was a body double...Well not that bummed it was still boobies. ;)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Okay, I just watched the pilot, and I'm 99% sure that they not only replaced some music, but they edited it, too! Check the weird cut at around 22:15! All of a sudden Colt's in the middle of a bar fight and you have no idea how he got there. Furthermore, there's some generic music playing in the background.
Now, if you look even closer you can see a guy standing on stage. He's a bit hard to recognize because the whole upper frame looks like they smeared it with vaseline to hide him and the band! But if you take a close look you'll see that it's Paul Williams (who had a guest spot on this episode, according to tv.com) and he's singing into a microphone. Obviously, they've cut out his entire musical performance.

So, this set not only costs more than usual fare from that time, it has replaced music and is edited, without neither being mentioned on the cover. Great job, Fox! All things being equal, I should have bought CHiPs instead. :frowning:

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
LOL! 20th Century ("We screwed WKRP with edits and music cuts") Fox strikes again. This should surprise no one. I may have to skip this one too, now.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
i forgot about the paul williams in the pilot. I figured it would be background music in the bars and whatnot, that bit doesn't bother me at all. The edit to remove mr. williams is something i do not like. But if the other episodes are fine i am not going to not buy it over that. The show is to friggin good to care if we miss that little bit, atleast for me!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Dang these blasted music replacements. Other than shows like "The Wonder Years" and "WKRP", where the music is absolutely essential, I thought shows that replaced music wouldn't bother me at all. Not so. I bought the 2nd season of "Happy Days" thinking I wouldn't notice the replacements. Boy was I wrong! It's a big, big deal even in minor spots and I just can't tolerate it. This was a definite buy for me until I learned about this. Now, forget it!

Gary "I just can't believe these studios are being so cheap with the music issues when it's not a huge amount of replacements in shows like this" O.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I was gonna wait because of the price but now I'll def. hold off (charging almost 70 bucks canadian is crazy) buying it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks