What's new

Finally - The Fall Guy! (1 Viewer)

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone seen any eps recently? How well does it compare to its original airing? Considering that the A-team is kind of meh, by now.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Hard to say if it holds up or not having not seen it in ages. But my guess is definately since i have thought stuff like simon&simon, magnum, a-team, riptide, macgyver, greatest american hero, knight rider, airwolf, hardcastle & mccormick to name a few i own all hold up well. So for me there is no question i will still love The Fall Guy!!

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
It has probably been 6 or 7 years since I last viewed my syndicated rerun recorded episodes of it, now sadly destroyed. It held up then and I am certain that it will hold up now. I believe these episodes were the pilot split into two parts, Markie Post's first appearance and Howie wrestling some female wrestlers (were they from GLOW?).

LCD22

Screenwriter
I've seen "The Fall Guy" recently on Fox Net (though I no longer have it), and I think it has held up very well. I recently moved and for a brief time I was able to watch it again after not seeing it for years. "The Fall Guy" is still as enjoyable and entertaining as "MacGyver", "Magnum, p.i.", and "Quincy".

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
It holds up nicely, the humor is typical for its time but still fresh and funny, it was a fast paced show even back in the early 80s. Should be interesting to hear from Doug Barr again, haven't seen him since he was in "The Wizard", he's a director now.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
While on a business trip to NYC last summer, I decided to visit the Museum of TV and Radio on a weekend afternoon. You can check out two episodes of any series they have in their library, and due to a nostalgic kick, I decided to check out an episode of "The Bionic Woman" and an episode of "The Fall Guy."

TBW was excruciatingly boring (I don't know if it was the ep, but there wasn't much action), while TFG was breezy and entertaining. (It was the Halloween episode co-starring Elvira and the entire Carradine clan. Not sure if it was S1 or not.) There were enough plot holes in the story to drive Colt's truck through them, but the cast was having so much fun that it was easy to overlook this. I think the fact it didn't take itself "too" seriously and that the cast had really good chemistry makes it hold up better (and of course, Heather Thomas sure don't hurt either--something "A Team" didn't have). But it is definitely a 1980s series. Looking forward to the "Complete" First Season DVD.

(It was also fun to watch the ep complete with original commercials (including previews of Friday night's episodes of Benson and Webster), bumpers, and William Conrad's "The Fall Guy will return in a moment" announcement.)

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Neat. I saw one episode and it had the cast from the Hospital series Trauma Centre in it.

Can't wait to get the entire season 1 on DVD.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

I think will hold up well. Just take it for what it is..an '80's action show!
I personally thought the A-Team was meh at the age of 10 when it origianlly aired..just my .02C

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I am surprised Fox is charging $60 for the entire first season. Seems like $39.99 would be more logical since while The Fall Guy has it's audience, it's not exactly a show that will be doing gangbusters, and then Fox will blame poor sales on why they won't release a season 2 DVD

coryE

Agent
Real Name
cory emerson

Just watched an episode of the wizard on youtube the other day.

Would love to see it on dvd, it was a cool show even though it was short lived.

Cheers

Cory

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Yes, "The Wizard" was pretty good, a bit like a "MacGyver" for young kids, and Fran Ryan was a hoot. Would buy it right away on DVD. Those who fear "The Fall Guy" won't do 'gangbuster' business, needn't worry IMO, it's been one of the most wanted 80s shows for years.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Henry, do you think the Fall Guy is more comparable to Magnum P.I. (a big seller) or T.J. Hooker (seemingly not a big seller)? I think it is probably going to numbers closer to T.J. Hooker, and I'm still waiting for the second set of T.J. Hooker to come out - although T.J. Hooker didn't have any extras. I don't know if we can comparable the "wanted" numbers of Hooker vs. Fall Guy on TVShowsonDVD.com because once a series comes out, people stop voting, so Fall Guy has 1.5 years more voting in.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Difficult to say, but the Selleck show started around the same time, so lots of women remember Tom's beefcake, and lots of guys Heather's bikini.
;)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I'd say Fall Guy was somewhere between Magnum P.I. and Dukes of Hazzard in popularity, at least where and when I was from, in other words, very good company.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I just noticed on Amazon.com that the two split-season volumes are $22.49 each and the complete Season 1 set is $44.99.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I'll be picking The Fall Guy up.Loved this show,back in the day,during it's original run.Had a huge crush on Heather Thomas.Even had her famous poster.I'm surprised,yet glad,this isn't being released on double sided discs,like a couple of it's contemporaries(Hill Street Blues and St. Elsewhere)were.FOX must think this will be a big seller and have had a bigger production budget than they had with HSB and St. Elsewhere.Let's hope it sells better than those.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I forgot to mention,in my above post,that Davis DVD has a pic of the cover art,although it's only a small thumbnail you can't enlarge.You get the basic idea,though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks