What's new

FINALLY.....RHODA!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
This came out of no where .... what a total surprise! I still can't believe it!

Maybe Shout! has OTHER surprises in store, let's hope!

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Right now I'm TOTALLY loving Shout Factory! First Room 222 and now Rhoda. I am doing a very happy dance right now.

Thank you Shout Factory! You are starting my 2009 off to a great start.

One more of my top 5 most wanted shows is now off the list.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Wow talk about out of Left Field. I was not sure i would get this, but just to support Shout Factory! and the great job they are doing here i am in. I bet you this will not sell nearly aswell as the Mary Tyler Moore so-called poor sales were. Which Fox was forced to stop releasing and Shout is probably likely to release them all. Here is to hoping S5 of MTM is announced soon.
Once Again Shout Factory! is someone that gives a damn! great job guys!

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator
Theodore J. Mooney said:
This came out of no where .... what a total surprise! I still can't believe it!
Maybe Shout! has OTHER surprises in store, let's hope!
You are right that it was out of nowhere. How did this escape the rumor mill?
I regularly check VideoETA, and nothing there either. I haven't heard even the SLIGHTEST hint of a rumor that this was in the works much less on its way to a release. I can hardly wait to throw my homemade copies in the circular file.....YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Brian Himes said:
Thank you Shout Factory! You are starting my 2009 off to a great start.
One more of my top 5 most wanted shows is now off the list.
I could't agree more! The guys at Shout have done it again!
First Simon & Simon, then Mr, Belvedere, now Rhoda!!
I must be dreaming, so now I haven't given up on the entire TV/DVD hobby.
I've been waiting for Rhoda forever!!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
This is EXCELLENT news!! I love 'Rhoda'. I'd never seen until I caught reruns in the mid 90's but I became hooked instantly. I can't even recall the last time I saw an episode. This is a definite purchase for me. SHOUT Factory is impressing me more and more with each passing day. I can only wonder what other surprises they have in store down the road.

moogaboo

Agent
Real Name
John H.
Actually, the first few seasons of "Rhoda" had better ratings than MTM, so who knows WHAT could happen here, sales-wise. I know I'll be purchasing one for myself and several for gifts! :P

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Glenn Curtis said:
What I really would like to come out is Lou Grant although I suspect the likelihood is zero.
Nearly every episode of Lou Grant is available for free streaming on Hulu. I know it is not the same as a DVD release, but at least it is available in some form right now.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
This is another set I plan to buy. I haven't seen this series in ages. The last time I seen it was when Nick-at-Nite aired it back in the 90's. So it is going to be a treat to watch this set. I can't wait to watch the Rhoda's Wedding episode ... that one was so hilarious.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I think I am gonna take that day off and sit at home having a RHODA marathon. I am right there with the member who said they hadn't seen it since the 90's on Nick @ Nite - Same Here.. I remember watching it late at night.

The cast is all great Nancy Walker especially. And the Cover art is really good. Looks like they have a extra of interivews with the shows creators.. but I am surpirsed they didn't get Valerie Harper to do some interviews for Season 1. I remember she went on Larry King Live with the cast of MTM minus- Mary herself - when the first season of Mary Tyler Moore was released. Haper is usually candid about most things... she is always refreshing to see interviewed.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Anyone remember the VHS releases that MTM Home Video put out? They were plagued with edited-for-syndication episodes, and the wedding episode was the 2-part version, instead of the one-hour version. I have no idea why on Earth they would do that, when they could have just used the original 25 minute length episodes.

Hopefully, Shout won't repeat that same mistake. The product description on the store listing mentions the wedding episodes being a "special one hour episode", as does the press release, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info MatthewA.
15 out of 24 episodes are the edited for syndication versions, highly variable sound and picture quality = no sale.
I'm a fan who was looking forward to this release, but this set sounds like a patchwork mess.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm pissed off, too, but not at Shout! They just don't have the resources to create new transfers. Fox could have restored and remastered from the negatives at any time. They didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks