What's new

Finally, French Postcards on dvd. (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Great film from 1979 starring Debra Winger, Mandy Patinkin, and an all around great cast of actors. Arrives on dvd July 1st. Just when I think my dvd collection is near completion, another lost favorite pops up out of nowhere:)

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan

Yes, but it's still got the "rescored" soundtrack. Speaking of the cast, don't forget Miles Chapin, David Marshall Grant, Blanche Baker, Marie-France Pisier, Jean Rochefort, and the dearly departed Valerie Quennessen. The Legend DVD cover misspells Ms. Quennessen's last name, but no matter, I will still probably pick this up in spite of the altered soundtrack.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Just got the dvd yesterday. The altered soundtrack is disappointing, but I still enjoyed it. It's been a while since I had seen it. I have to say Valerie Quennessen shines in this film. She was a great actress:frowning: The picture quality isn't perfect, but it's still worlds better than the vhs copy I have. Very pleased to own this on dvd.
Although it's very brief, it's weird seeing nudity in a PG movie. The PG-13 rating had a lot of movies that had nudity early on, but seems like it's an 80's thing only. Presently, nudity in films seems reserved for an R rating only.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
BTW, if there are any Paramount titles you would like released on dvd, please contact Legendfilms.com.

Paramount is licensing a large number of films to them. Smaller titles, that would never get a release otherwise.

Drop them a line to get a release you want.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Yes. On their website Legendfilms has all the contact e-mails you need. They aren't above some of the older classics that Paramount will never release. But if they are black and white films, be careful. They love colorization. IF you want I'll request the two films you have listed also, as I can't think of one Paramount title I need on dvd.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Bryan, do you know who the best person to contact at Legend is?

I had something I was going to email them about and wasn't sure which department would be best.

Real Name
randy selzer
What about Robert Mitchum's "The Friends of Eddie Coyle" (1973)...?

would this be part of that group?

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan

I've had luck contacting VP of Marketing Maria Mason. She let me know well in advance of their releases that both French Postcards and Baby It's You contained "rescored" soundtracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks