What's new

Finally "Charles & Charge Season 2" (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
As much as I like Charles in Charge, the most interesting news here is that Universal is willing to farm out titles. I hope some other properties they may not be interested in releasing will become available to Hart Sharp. I don't have any in mind, but there are probably plenty of shows Uni owns but doesn't care about.

I look forward to season 2, even though it's the start of the dumbing down of Buddy. I liked the Pembrokes, but the Powells are good, too.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
Universal has already liscensed out McHales Navy to Shout Factory.

Hopefully they will liscence out the remainin seasons of Sliders.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I hope they license out Gimme a Break! Although VEI in Canada has released Season 2, it would be nice to have another company release it as well. :)

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
^I know what you mean. I still haven't ordered Season 2 of Gimie a break or seasons 2-4 of Kate and Allie because the shipping is so expensive. The cheapest place I can find for those is Amazon.ca.

BeckyST

Auditioning

I was thinking the exact same thing! Upon hearing this news, I knew that there was still hope for Gimme A Break! The chances of the remaining season sets of Charles in Charge and Gimme A Break being released just increased dramatically!:)

Craig Byrne

Agent
This is very good news. I was starting to worry that I'd never see Season 2 on DVD. Seasons 2-on are really what I remember better from childhood.

Real Name
Jim
I didn't like this show when it was on the network.

Other than his current reality show in which Scott Baio apologizes to several women he broke up with over the years, the man hasn't been in anything entertaining since Happy Days.

Don3996

Agent
Real Name
Don
Very good news about the future plans of Charles In Charge

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=8053

htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Agreed, very good news indeed. Glad David Lambert has shifted full-time to this news director role. We're getting a lot more news and info than before when Dave and Gord had to try to find time to fit in news about shows and TV movies.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I love the dedication they're putting into getting Charles in Charge released. Wish the studios could have that same commitment/attitude towards other sitcoms like Mama's Family & Night Court. The world would be a more beautiful place. But notice that in the case of CiC, it sounds like it's really Joe Amodei's commitment and love for this show that's making things happen. I think the studio's sterile corporate environment kills passion for these shows. I think it's best for the classic oldies to be handled by smaller, niche companies with fewer heads to butt. I applaud Joe's work and dedication and can't wait to see the dvd.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

Agreed. While I will not be buying this show, I appreciate that at least someone is forward-thinking enough to propose releasing this, or any, series in toto.

I don't want to have to bring up the Mama's Family DVDs again, but when little companies like Shout! can get uncut shows and big ol' Warners cannot...

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Totally agree with the comment about big studios lacking passion for the shows they own. It is precisely why they don't end up with successful sales. They don't put the care and consideration into the show that someone who knows more about it does. I mean, how could you release All in the Family and not put one single bonus feature on there.

I only hope that someone who is passionate about Gimme a Break! and Hart to Hart continue to release the remaining series somehow. The same goes for The Facts Of Life. The way Sony is going, it may take 2 decades before the show is complete on dvd.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Someone might want to have a mod change the thread title so that people using the search feature to find "Charles In Charge" will see this.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

Gimme a Break probably has the music issue to contend with; season 3 is when music became a more integral part of the show. But as long as it gets out uncut and unmangled in any country I'll be happy. Hart to Hart and Facts of Life are at the mercy of Sony's arbitrary habits.

I imagine that smaller companies don't have bloated infrastructure to deal with, and can make money with less sales. It may, however, be offset by licensing fees to the copyright holders. And the quality of the masters is dependent on whether the copyright holder is willing to do any restoration/cleanup work.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Good points Matthew! Hmmm, I wonder if music rights is the hold-up with Season 3. Do you know what songs were used?

I'm starting to think it would be better for Arts Alliance to start releasing from Season 3 forward since Season 2 is already on the market. That way, we can move on with it and the series would have a better chance of completion in some way shape or form.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The main problem with Sony is that it controls so damn many shows...! Sometimes I have a theory that they only release those Season ones just to show off their copyrights, and have little intention of continuing on with them. Then again, they can manage to do longer runs of releases. Who knows with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks