What's new

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (1 Viewer)

John CW

Supporting Actor
I absolutely LOVED Final Fantasy VII when it came out. My housemate got a PlayStation 1 for christmas and it just blew me away when I saw it! I knew every single inch of that game when I'd finished it.

Anyways, I can't wait to see this. The screenshots look unbelivable and it just makes me wish they'd remake Final Fantasy VII for the PlayStation 3!

RobLe

Stunt Coordinator
The movie should be great. To me the reason I liked the games so much and the reason they sold so well was Square's ability to tell a story and develop a connection with the characters. If they have done that, then this should be one hell of a movie.

Matt C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
I agree, the story to FFVII was excellent, and I actually felt truly pissed off and sad when
I hear you, but I wouldn't hold your breath... We can always wish though!

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
So its getting neat the release date which i believe is the middle of September and I have heard nothing about its features on the dvd or anything. Amazon doesn't even have the DVD on their site! I have a feeling this is going to be an Xmas release! Anyone know?
Thanks

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Well still no word so I just assume the release was pushed back. For some reason I thought they werew really pushing the united release of this film? I heard the dub was done, guess it makes sense to tie it into the holiday season.
Thanks

svenge

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Svenge Guttensen
Do you know how many sales are going to be lost to fansubs of FF7AC DLed off of BitTorrent? I'm guessing 5-6 figures here... bad move Sony + Squeenix...

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I play FFXI online still and practically everyone with a PC and a decent connection has seen this movie already. Not that I would ever do such a thing myself...:crazy:

I heard from this guy who knows a guy who saw this movie and it is fricken awesome. Basically its like having a one and a half hour FFX-quality FMV but with FFVII characters. The animation detail on the background characters were pretty simple as they saved that for the main characters. It doesn't take away from the enjoyment though.

The storyline is convoluted as most Finaly Fantasy storylines are. But who fricken cares? The look of it is dazzling. The camera flies and swoops through every action scene. The climatic battle was one of the best I have (err, "that guy has") ever seen.:b

Hopefully this DVD is sucessful enough to help Sqeenix forget the failure of Spirits Within and give them the confidence to make more features.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
yesterday i was invited in a screening for this film and i must say it pretty good. the cgi shots are very good. if you liked the cgi of final fantasy then you will love this one as it has more fine detail.
the audio was very impressive and i guarantee your subwoover will get a workout. the surround usage is rich and detailed while the overall audio was never annoying. thumps up for the sound department.

as for the film itself i can't compare much to the games as i never really played them. i think i actually only played ff7 on psone ;) anyway, for the none ff fans the story starts a bit slow and sometimes confusing cause you don't know who is who. ff fans will surely love it as this film truly deserves the title final fantasy.

this film should look great on dvd if the releasing studio takes care.

my personal rating for this film is :star::star::star:.5 / :star::star::star::star::star:
i might had given a higher rating but do the lack of back round i can't do that ;)

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Well, I bought the R2 FF7 Advent Children LE CE Boxset and it is very freaking sweet! I love the figurine and the shirt, cap, keychain, script, international version of FF7 game for PS2 (for Jp PS2 only), the actual movie, and the anime OVA. Really nice and totally awesome.

Great movie. Can't wait to watch it again.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
For anyone not currently aware, this has an initial slated DVD release date for November 29.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I had a chance to screen this movie with my gf, who is a big FF7 fan.

Pros: Great animation, nice character detail, great sound. It was just like watching a video game!

Cons: It was just like watching a video game! Lots of action, zero character development - I didn't give much of a damn to anyone; to be fair, I never played FF7, but I did watch a friend play it for an hour. Every time his party walks a few steps, there is a monster battle. The movie is just like that.

If you are a fan of the game, you will probably love this movie. If not, you will probably find it boring - it isn't much different than those 80's action movies with threadbare plot, over-the-top bad guy, and explosions! Think of FF7:AC as a digital Jerry Bruckheimer production

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Ok, I watched this movie several times and it's absolutely stunning. No character development? I already spent 50 hours of my life...TWICE...playing FF VII. We don't need character development in this movie because that was all taken care of in FF VII. When you watch this movie, the assumption is that you already know the characters and situations. If you didn't, the movie would have to spend 30 minutes alone getting everyone up to speed because of all the characters in the movie.

Visually, it's stunning. The audio is stunning also. I'd like to see a DTS version of this someday. Hopefully the Squeenix people were smart enough to make an HD version of this film for a future release.

I also got the Advent Pieces box set. Damn, it's sweet. I'm a little bummed that I can't play the FF VII International version that comes with it because I don't have a Japanese PS1, but the silk-screened artwork is beautiful enough and good for display. I don't think I'll be wearing the T-shirt since I can't get another one. I might wear the hat. I'm definitely not using the keychain.

And finally, FINALLY, I can scrap all those bad quality AC trailers I downloaded over the years. The second DVD has all of the trailers ever used, with details about when they were released.

The only unfortunate part is that it has no English subtitles. I don't know if they did that intentionally or not because the DVD is only 7.7 GB and had MORE than enough room for an English subtitle track. Nobody at home can watch it unless I find a way to "graft" subtitles onto a ripped image. Either way, I'm getting the US version in November, it's just a shame that people I know that are itching to watch it, can't. The US release was supposed to be the day before the Japanese release, I don't know why it got pushed back.

Mike

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
So is there any new news on this release by chance? Think for such a big release that this would get a little more attention? Also I have a question, I haven't played the game since its release, does the movie or even a special feature get me back up to date on what happened?
Thanks

Rolando

Screenwriter
you know what? I havn't played it in years either. I would love to know this too or should I load up an old saved game? :D

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I cant they would keep backing it up like this but I'm assuming it has something to do with perhaps another FF title coming out at that time or what? Other question I have, I heard in a review that the feature does not really explain the past too much, for those of us who haven't played the game in like 5 years will there be a feature that brings us up to speed at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks