What's new

Final Countdown (1 Viewer)

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
From The Digital Bits:
3/29/01
Yep... it's true. The Final Countdown is officially in production for DVD. I spoke yesterday with Pacific Family Entertainment, which owns the rights to the film, and they've confirmed that they are gearing up for the DVD release. Production is underway, and they hope to have the title out by this summer. They do have all the original elements for the film, and they're aware of what fans want on the DVD release (including 5.1 sound and anamorphic widescreen video). PFE is just down the road from the Bits' offices, so we'll be sure to keep you up to date. The Final Countdown is a B-grade, sci-fi classic from the 1980s, in which a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, the U.S.S. Nimitz, passes through a timewarp and is sent back to December 6th, 1941 - just in time to prevent the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. It's a great little flick, and it stars Martin Sheen, Kirk Douglas, James Farentino, Katharine Ross and Charles Durning. It'll be the perfect spin on DVD - can't wait!
-Seth

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
LOL

Talk about going through the archives.

I actually caught this on TV the other night...removed it from my wish list afterwards.

Good luck to the rest of you guys that still want it though.

Only a couple weeks more...hehe

Brian Tomasko

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Tomasko
I placed my order back in DECEMBER 2000 and 1. I've been calling PFE every month or so and hear the same STORY every time I call....... This is ridiculous! The original release date was January 15,2002 and uhhhhhhh what month are we in now........ They SHOULD get their act together and stop giving us the same stories that it will be released soon.... Do NOT believe them when tthe little old lady says "a couple of weeks"....... I called her about two days ago and she said "It's being shipped this weekend and next weekend". I asked her to confirm if my order was shipped and she said that she couldn't do that..... What the %$&*?

I say we all CALL PFE EVERY day and bust their chops!

1-714-669-4900 Hit 230 on your phone and then if there's no answer hit 0 for the old lady!

Jonathan.e

Stunt Coordinator
News up at The Bits confirming this bunch of jokers have yet again failed to ship as promised.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
PFE: "Shipping this weekend! -er,.........mebee NOT"

Maybe they should just push this to December to commemerate

Pearl Harbor.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
This whole situation os really, really sad. I would love to have this film, but I doubt I would purchase it now. PFE really ought to sell the rights and allow a proper, timely release to be put out.:frowning:

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I actually caught this on TV the other night...removed it from my wish list afterwards.
I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but does that mean you wanted this movie before you had even seen it?

I won't pretend that I've never bought anything I had never seen before, but it's always been an impulse buy situation. I can't imagine having something on my wish list that I had never even seen!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If those discs aren't here in 2 weeks, I suggest you people find yourselves a lawyer for a class-action

They charged your cards to pay for production, and they have not delivered a disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks