1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Film Noir - LIST

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Herb Kane, May 19, 2003.

1. cadavra

cadavra Well-Known Member

2. Livius

Livius Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for the update Mr S. and it's good to know that the two November noir sets and the Fuller box are definitely on the way.

3. Marcel H.

Marcel H. Well-Known Member

4. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Well-Known Member

For what seems (to me at least) to be the first time in a long time, Fox Movie Channel (here in the U.S.) will be broadcasting "Slattery's Hurricane" this coming Saturday, July 4th.

5. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me if VCI's "Edmond O'Brien" double feature of D.O.A. and The Hitchhiker are on par with Image Entertainment's release of D.O.A. in terms of source print and image quality?

I already have the patchy Kino release of The Hitchhiker from their Film Noir collector's set but I'm picking up some past due VCI titles now and want to add D.O.A. to my library... do I opt for this double-feature of stick with the Image release?

Thanks!

6. larryKR

larryKR Well-Known Member

Is there any news on Warner Bros. noir box set vol.5? I believe it was in late March in the WB chat on this forum, they stated vol.5 was coming in the next few months. Still no announcement.

7. Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes Member

Yeah, I'm also curious about the 5th box from warner. Their previous boxes have been spectacular, in my opinion (especially 4) and they still got quite a lot of gems they're sitting on. I really hope they're not planning to release these movies via the archive, because of the lesser quality, the dvd-r nature and, worst of all (at least for me), no shipping outside of the US...

8. Marcel H.

Classicflix is reporting the following on the first Film Noir set by Sony:
    http://classicflix.blogspot.com/2009/08/sony-film-noir-classics-vol-1.html

9. Livius

Livius Well-Known Member

Robert Siodmak's The Dark Mirror is getting a R2 release in Germany on December 4. It's coming from Koch Media, which generally means a good transfer and removable subs.
    Desert Fury is also coming but I doubt if it could improve on the blinding transfer on the extant R4.

10. Marcel H.

Wild Side Video in France announced Fritz Lang's Beyond a Reasonable Doubt and While the City Sleeps for a release in 2010 or 2011.
    http://www.dvdclassik.com/news/news_zone1.php

Maybe they are planned for Warner's upcoming Noir set. If not, those French DVDs might be a good alternative.

11. Marcel H.

It seems, that those two Lang Noirs will be released in December 2010 by Wild Side.

They're also planning to release Johnny Eager in 2011 as part of their LES INTROUVABLES line.
    An alternative for those that don't want to buy the Archive disc.

http://1kult.guhmes.com/2009/10/30/le-planning-wild-side-2010/