What's new

Felicity Gets New Release, New Packaging on April 7th, 2009 (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Amazon.com is reporting (TV Shows on DVD missed the ball on this one and I've sent the story to them) that Felicity is being re-released on April 7th in new packaging. It looks like Disney has decided to release all four seasons in a lower price as well. Season 1 also includes the pilot episode. Best Buy has them listed for $24.99 each. Here are the Amazon.com listings:

Amazon.com: Felicity: Season One: Felicity: Movies & TV

Amazon.com: Felicity: Season Two: Felicity: Movies & TV

Amazon.com: Felicity: Season Three: Felicity: Movies & TV

Amazon.com: Felicity: Season Four: Felicity: Movies & TV

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Is there anything new? That may be why TV SHOWS ON DVD isn't covering it. It looks like the old versions are the same price. All the previous seasons are available now and going for $26.99

It might just be a repackaging to tie in with the release of Keri's BEDTIME STORIES.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, while I do know that TV Shows on DVD have reported on re-releases before such as Roswell, 24, X-Files, Buffy, Angel and many other sets and that they contained nothing new in the sets, except being thinpack releases.

Dave Lambert responded saying that since there's nothing special about these releases that he wasn't reporting on them. He said that these are newer slimmer versions of the sets and that he heard nothing from Disney.

Gord Lacey responded saying he had heard nothing about these new releases.

While I respect the reasons for Dave not reporting on these new releases, I think the fact that he has done so in the past shows that they are now being selective on what they are reporting. I think that a site like TV Shows on DVD that reports on all new releases has a responsibility to inform visitors to their site that Felicity is getting a new release along with Alias and JJ Abrams other shows.

Most visitors to TV Shows on DVD depend on their site to letting them know if a show is getting a release or a re-release because Dave made it sound like that nobody would show any interest in purchasing the new releases. I've never bought the sets before and I would be interested in buying Felicity.

However, if I had not discovered, purely by accident (I was searching for Chips Season 3) I would have not stumbhled across this new information.

I respect their site but they do provide a service that informs internet users when a show is being released. There are a lot of people who probably haven't bought these sets and at the lower price, many would probably buy them. But, if nobody knows about them, how is someone supposed to know?

The re-releases are in response for tying the re-releases into the new Star Trek movie being released.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Well, as he told you, Disney isn't even promoting the set. They are very good at sending out press releases when there is some sort of new release. But if he didn't get one, it isn't news.

They are simply repackaging the series, at the same price as it is today.

So, I don't think you should be upset with them.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Jon, you didn't read what I posted. I'm not upset at TV Shows on DVD or even Dave or Gord. I'm just saying that if multiple retailers are reporting the release of a television shows, and they report on rumored releases everytime one pops up (See Bewitched Season 8 News) which indicates that they don't rely on Press Releases to announce a release.

I'm just simply saying that there seems to be a system on whether their website decides it wants to be selective. I can probably go through and find multiple times where they have listed rumored announcements for a TV show prior to the Press Release and I'm just saying that in this case with Felicity and Alias that it was decided not to report because no Press Release was forthcoming.

Since multiple websites are listing the titles (Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, Target, etc) you would think that they would pass this information along.

Don't take this as meaning that I have anything against TV Shows on DVD, I don't. I just think that the information should be passed along because there are bound to be fans of the show who have wanted to buy the show but have not because of the previous price. I'm not saying to report it because it's on sale, just so that whoever would be interested in the show that it's being re-released at a lower price.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I also disagree that just because they aren't promoting it or sending out PR's that it isn't news. Just, at least, be consistent.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
As for posting rumors, that is news. If something isn't on DVD, and there is talk that it is going to be, they have every reason to post it.

But FELICITY is on DVD. All the seasons have been released. And the repackaging is at the same price as the current price. The only thing changing is the artwork. That isn't news.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
The point I'm making is that they have reported on thinpack packaging in the past and even their most recent news report on the re-release of House Season 1 seems to contradict what you just said.

Like I said before, A-Team Season 1, House Season 1, Roswell Season 1-3, X-Files Season 1-9, Buffy Season 1-7 and many others had been re-released in thinpack packaging despite having been previously released. It would just seem like a good gesture if they would continue this part of reporting on these sets since the news isn't rumor but is a fact since other retailers are reporting on this.

njoberheim

Agent
Real Name
Rich
I agree with Mark on this one.

Due to space constraints, I've held off on purchasing certain titles because I knew that eventually they would be re-released in thinpaks. Alias being one of them.

It be nice to get the news from TVshowsonDVD since I check it on a daily bases.

Elena S

Supporting Actor

Yes...it is. It's the kind of news I look for, too. Repackaging or not, it's a release I would want to know about.

Now a question...how bad are the music replacements? I'm sure there are some.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking that they are the same disks, just with different packaging ... at any rate, I know I'll be picking up all four seasons when they Best Buy in two weeks ...

They're $25 each ... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks