What's new

Feedback Wanted - Making HTF's Site Faster (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Is it "just me", or is the site excruciatingly slow this morning? Every click, every screen change, I'm waiting from 10 to 30 seconds for something to happen.

I'm on my PC with a wired ethernet connection, and all I can offer is that all other web sites are responding normally.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
clicking links in site has been slow slow slow for weeks on my end.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I had an attack blocked while on the site today from something called carsmenu.com. Does this sound familiar? Is it one of the sponsor links? It had a huge url and I was hesitant to copy and paste it.
Also one from wellnessdb.com. These are popping up while I am simply reading the forum - I have not clicked on any of the links.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Dr Griffin, I don't believe any of those are from the forum. If possible please send me a PM with links to confirm

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
TonyD said:
clicking links in site has been slow slow slow for weeks on my end.
Tony, Is it still bad? I'm interested in understanding what you are running into. Thanks.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It's not slow right now but previously the site has been very slow to load. 3 to 5 seconds to load pages. Now, right now images are not loading and getting an error message instead of the htf.ComAlso can't get the attach image thing to appear.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I guess the site has lots of visitors today ( Sunday ) so website traffic is very high resulting in a lot of slowdown, i am sometimes getting the message that the site is unavailable, another sign that the traffic is maybe overloading the server.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Might just be me but further to the above i am noticing repeat notifications today for posts already read.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I noticed a couple of repeats, too. One was after moving from the web to Tapatalk.

It's not consistent.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Another thing that started for me late yesterday is my bookmarked "New Content" page not refreshing until I do it manually. That's worked perfectly since we moved to this platform, but now I have to hit F5 or its variants to refresh the display indicating threads with new responses.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
And hey, while we're here...one more bit of weirdness...

This first happened with a thread that Ron had some trouble with several days ago, and he had to kill it and start a new one. I'll click on the the dot or the star which takes me to the first unread response, and that page will absolutely not work -- it seems to be constantly reloading itself and you can't view anything except the top part of the page. If you try to go down to the bottom, it pops right back up again. Clicking on the date/time under the last poster's name, which takes directly to the very last response, results in the same thing.

I figured that was a one time incident, but last night and today it's happening INTERMITTENTLY with a few different threads. Sometimes I can go in and read the latest responses, sometimes I can't. What's more, it happens on two browsers, Firefox and Chrome. It does NOT happen on Tapatalk, just the browsers on a computer.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Charles Smith said:
And hey, while we're here...one more bit of weirdness...

This first happened with a thread that Ron had some trouble with several days ago, and he had to kill it and start a new one. I'll click on the the dot or the star which takes me to the first unread response, and that page will absolutely not work -- it seems to be constantly reloading itself and you can't view anything except the top part of the page. If you try to go down to the bottom, it pops right back up again.
I have been getting that with the aspect ratio thread today, it keeps jumping to the top, the solution was to click out to my content and then click the numbers for the thread instead of the usual way i do it which is to click the view latest unread.

I am using Chrome and Waterfox. ( and as of tonight Opera ) the problem persists.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm having problems too with read posts and such. I thought it was me, but I think it's the forum as it happens with me using two different browsers.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Charles Smith said:
Another thing that started for me late yesterday is my bookmarked "New Content" page not refreshing until I do it manually. That's worked perfectly since we moved to this platform, but now I have to hit F5 or its variants to refresh the display indicating threads with new responses.
I've had the same refresh problem for the past couple of days and it continues this morning. I have to manually refresh my New Content page. I also had the weird reloading issue that Charles mentioned in post 73, but so far that intermittent problem hasn't appeared today.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Please keep an eye out this afternoon guys and let me know if the issue seems to have improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks