1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback on PCMall.com & Related Entities (eCost.com, OnSale.com, & MacMall.com)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jeff Meyers, May 25, 2005.

1. Jeff Meyers

Jeff Meyers Well-Known Member

Has anyone purchased any HT products (especially Denon factory refurbished) from any of these e-tailers? If so, were you satisfied with the quality of the products and the service you received?

I've looked at various consumer ratings on these entities, but I'd still like to get some opinions from HTF members.

I'm looking to pick-up a Denon Receiver and Denon's web-site lists these entities as "Denon Authorized E-Commerce Dealers" for factory refurbished / reconditioned products. I'm considering the refurbished 1905 / 785S or the 2105 / 885S from one of these entities (some of the prices vary from entity to entity).

Thanks!

2. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Well-Known Member

I purchased a DVM-4800 from eCost a few years ago. They did their part-- the item was shipped to me in a timely manner. They don't accept returns, so be prepared right off the bat to deal with Denon's Customer Service directly. My player arrived in crushed styrofoam and required a firmware update. Let's just say that eventually I was satisfied-- but it took a great of teeth-pulling.

So far, I'm not impressed with Denon's refurb program as a whole. My experience echos many other opinions I've read across AVS and other forums.

Now, with that said, my past experience didn't stop me from ordering a refurb'd DVD-2900 this morning from onsale.com. Unfortunately, my expectations of another refurb'd Denon are pretty low.