What's new

Fedex Employee throws monitor over Fence (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Astounding. The company is making amends to the customer, but how the hell does this moron get hired with such an attitude? http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fedex-addresses-tossed-monitor.html

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I think merchants have to be asking themselves how often this happens when there are not cameras there to record the deed. They have to pay for all that return merchandise, to say nothing of the lost goodwill.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yep. I had a few instances of moments I shipped things to have them arrived broken. It's frustrating for a customer, but for a business it's a killer. You have to replace the item, and process an insurance claim with the shipper which can take forever, and in all that time the small business is out of pocket the money.

Originally Posted by Al.Anderson

I think merchants have to be asking themselves how often this happens when there are not cameras there to record the deed. They have to pay for all that return merchandise, to say nothing of the lost goodwill.
/t/317140/fedex-employee-throws-monitor-over-fence#post_3881222

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I wonder if there was more to it though. Was there a growling German Shepherd just out of camera view. Had there been issues with the recipient in the past? I am by no means, condoning what the driver did, but it just seems extremely odd.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Richard Travale said:
I wonder if there was more to it though. Was there a growling German Shepherd just out of camera view. Had there been issues with the recipient in the past? I am by no means, condoning what the driver did, but it just seems extremely odd.
The customer said his front door was wide open, and all the idiot driver had to do was ring the bell at the gate. How much brainpower would that have taken, dog or no dog?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't know FedEx policy but I imagine that there's some kind of protocol for the drivers to follow when a situation might be dangerous to the driver (be it a dog or threatening looking people or a rickety staircase, etc.) and it probably doesn't involve tossing the package over a gate. :)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
This does not surprise me at all. I worked at UPS for one day in college, and packages were treated with the same level of care a two-year-old would use in a china shop.

CRyan

Screenwriter
Heh. Yea, I worked there for a year in college. Certainly the most physically demanding job I have ever had. I don't think people in general really know what a UPS hub is like in the summer. You only work 4 hours for a reason. Anyway, very very true regarding the handling of packages. If you come across a wall of boxes in a truck - Pull the bottom one and run! :) I now package my shipments with my previous UPS experience in mind.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I have to say that my FedEx driver is the best. I have never had any issues, he has put up with the dogs (even has treats) and always has a smile. My UPS driver is very good too.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
CRyan said:
Heh. Yea, I worked there for a year in college. Certainly the most physically demanding job I have ever had. I don't think people in general really know what a UPS hub is like in the summer. You only work 4 hours for a reason.
Yeah, that's why I only lasted a day. It was FL in the summer, and I remembered I was going to college so I wouldn't have to do physical labor like that.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Not to be outdone by FedEx, a UPS driver tosses a package AND flips the finger at a homeowner's surveillance camera! Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks