1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feb 26th - What are you coming home with?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Markus Lidstrom, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Markus Lidstrom

Markus Lidstrom Well-Known Member

I'll be happily waltzing out of Future Shop with Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Session 9, and Clerks (reduced price).

You?

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

Nothing. I order online. However, J&SBSB should be on my doorstep Monday.

3. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Well-Known Member

Rich Travale
    I will be buying Jay & Silent Bob, Twin Peaks:FWWM and now that you mention, a reduced priced Clerks may find it's way into my bag.

4. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Well-Known Member

Clerks is being repriced? Is that across the board or just at certain stores? [edit](also, is this title anamorphic? I've always assumed it wasn't and stayed away).

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is in transit now.

Bruce

5. Darcy Hunter

Darcy Hunter Well-Known Member

Bart,

I was looking forward to Session 9 as well, but Future Shop's web site has a March 12 date listed for this title.

Oh well, at least it has a date, unlike Donnie Darko, which has no Canadian DVD release date.

6. Markus Lidstrom

Markus Lidstrom Well-Known Member

Hedtke: Im not sure if the repricing is across the board (what is?), but Amazon dropped the price 15 bucks, so I imagine other stores will follow suit. And no, it's not animorphic, but Im willing to bet the 10th Anniversary Edition will be. However, I'm not fasting for another year.

Hunter: Son of a...

7. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Well-Known Member

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back baby! Yeah!

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Well-Known Member

Lot's of TV-on-DVD this week, among the movie releases:
    • Bones - Platinum Ed.
      Cinderella 2: Dreams Come True
      Drawing Flies
      Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
      Larry Sanders Show: Season 1
      Meet The Feebles
    • (LotR Director Peter Jackson's first effort)
      The Men Who Killed Kennedy
      The Musketeer: C.E.
      Roger Ramjet #1
      Roger Ramjet #2
      Secret Agent Man #2
      Secret Agent Man #3
      Session 9
      Sonic The Hedgehog: Super Sonic
      Soul Survivors - Killer Cut
      Space: 1999 #5
      Space: 1999 #6
      Super Mario Bros Show: Mario's Greatest Movie Moments
      Star Wars vs. Star Trek: The Rivalry Continues
      Twin Peaks-Fire Walk With Me
    Plus not only markdowns across-the-board on Clerks but also Clerks Unsensored: The Animated Series.
    I will be getting the entire Askewniverse (see my post in this thread, including info about Best Buy's sale for "buy 3 DVDs and save $5"! [​IMG] ).
    I'll definately get TP:FWWM, even though I won't get to watch it until Season 2 comes out and my wife finds out who the murderer is. Sigh.
    My wife demands The Men Who Killed Kennedy, so I can swing with that.
    She would like Meet the Feebles, and I would like Star Wars vs. Star Trek, but I think we'll have a hard time finding these in stores.
    We found someone had broken street date on Super Mario and we enjoyed it, so we might nab Sonic down-the-road.
    I want Larry Sanders, but will probably wait on it so I can get the Kevin Smith stuff. For Secret Agent Man and Space: 1999 I will wait on the eventual A&E Mega Boxset with every disc in those series together.
    A bunch of HTFers has made Session 9 sound very interesting.
    But I'm staying as far away from both Cinderella 2 and The Musketeer as I can until I hear some reviews!!

9. Douglas Bailey

Douglas Bailey Well-Known Member

Douglas Bailey
    I'll be getting Cadfael: The Rose Rent, the second and third box sets of Secret Agent, and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.
    I'm waiting on the new Meet The Feebles disc until I hear some reviews (I already have the existing Canadian disc, but I might get the new one if it's better-quality). Not a great movie by any stretch, but it's sort of fun.
    The Larry Sanders Show sounds interesting -- I generally like Garry Shandling -- but I've never seen the show, so again I'm holding off and waiting for reviews.
    And I couldn't be less interested in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. No offense to those of you who are.

10. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Well-Known Member

Nothing at B&M but I ordered Jay and Silent Bob online, along with the Space 1999 Box Sets. I'll give Session 9 a rent.

11. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill

12. GlennH

GlennH Well-Known Member

Glenn
  13. David Lambert

David Lambert Well-Known Member

Glenn, thank you very much for the reviews! As if finding out that it's 3 shorts tied together rather than one single story (rather like the lackluster Belle's Magical World tape was), then THIS quote pretty much says the rest:

14. Todd_Peter

Todd_Peter Member

Darcy,
    A & B Sound (absound.ca) lists Donnie Darko as a March 19th, 2002 release for Canada! I'm really excited about this one too.
    I wonder why we have to wait till March 12th for Session 9 when US release is February 26th!? I have been soooooo anxious to snag this title since it was announced... Now we have to wait 2 extra weeks GRRRRR! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Rob T

Rob T Well-Known Member

probably nothing.
    the next one I plan on getting is ST: The Wrath of Khan. [​IMG]

16. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Well-Known Member

I'm definitely picking up Session 9, as I am needing a good horror fix. Also will be picking up Meggido....who can beat apocalyptic pseudo-Christian cinema? The review on Ain't It Cool News has had me waiting for this release for months. R. Lee Ermey as the President, Basil Exposition (er, Michael York) as the Antichrist, Udo Kier as Satan's henchman, and Michael Biehn as the Antichrist's good guy brother....all brought together in a movie made by TBN....how can you go wrong? Cheese is good for you.

17. Dwayne

Dwayne Well-Known Member

Fire Walk With Me.

18. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Well-Known Member

Just J&SBSB and Twin Peaks for me. I'm a poor bastard [​IMG]

19. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Well-Known Member

Here's another one walking out of the store with Jay & Silent Bob.[​IMG] Also will pick up Twin Peaks:FWWM....don't even have to wait on watching it since I've seen the entire series when originally aired.[​IMG] I'm sorta interested in The Musketeer (Hey, I like swordfight movies.) but it's a little pricey for what it has...I'll probably wait for huge discounts later for this one. Besides, the following week is a big one for me (Evil Dead:BofD, The One & A.I.).

20. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Well-Known Member

I came home with Fire Walk with Me on Feb 22. [​IMG] I'm planning on coming home with A.I. this Tuesday...someone somewhere will have it out on the shelves a week early.
    ~~Nathan