What's new

Fear of a Blank preorder (1 Viewer)

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Porcupine Tree
Fear of a Blank Planet DVD-Audio (preorder now!) :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

A special limited edition audiophile 5.1 surround sound version of PT’s acclaimed 2007 album, released on the band’s own Transmission imprint. Features the 5.1 mix of the album in advanced resolution/MLP lossless 5.1 surround, DTS 5.1 digital surround sound, and 24 bit stereo, as well as all 4 tracks from the Nil Recurring mini album in surround sound.

varybarry

Agent
Real Name
Layla
That's for the update. I've been waiting for this for sometime now. I can't wait for it to come!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Interesting. . .this looks to be a very limited release. It's not up for preorder at Amazon. Might have to order it direct from PT's site if you want to be sure of getting it.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
my album of the year just got better.

the sonics are simply awesome, the mix immersive and the songs are great especially including the Nil Recurring EP in 5.1

Manus

Second Unit
The difference between the mlp and dts versions is like night and day . Stunning ! The tones from Gavin Harrison drum kit and Steven Wilson's guitars are no longer mushy but beautiful discrete .

12 out of 10 !

~M~

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Know the band, but haven't heard this one yet...I'm sure it sounds sublime, but how's the music?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I must say I really like the new CD. My first PT CD I got was In Absentia, after hearing them on Radio Paradise and liking a lot of old progressive stuff and really liked it.. Bought Deadwing a little bit and heard a new song on Radio Paradise a bit and was like, is that a new PT song I hear? Bought the album and it's really great. Must see about getting some of the older CDs too, I've heard Signify is really good...

Jay

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

Wow, that is exactly how I was turned on to PT as well Jay (Radio Paradise). Picked up IA, then DW and was hooked. I've dabbled in some of their older albums and yes, Signify is pretty good, but my favorite pre-IA album is Lightbulb Sun. And for those who like the band, their live DVD is incredible and worth at least a rental.

I've only listened to this DVD-A a couple of times, but it is on par with the prior two DVD-A releases by PT. Very enjoyable. And I'm really enjoying the 4 bonus tracks as well!

Phil

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm listening to Lightbulb Sun right now. :) Signify is excellent, but definitely mellower than LB, IA or DW. Be sure to check out Stupid Dream!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Philip T: I guess smart minds think alike :)

How does one get Lightbulb Sun, it appears to be out of print (if I may borrow a book term) There is somebody on Amazon marketplace selling one for.....$171 Yikes, I don't like any band that much....

My favorite CD from PT is In Absentia...

Jay

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Jay H - Bummer, it does appear that LS is OOP. Checked Ebay and there was one copy for sale and it was already up to $41. Burningshed.com does not list it either. I wonder if Itunes would have it?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm sure they'll re-release Lightbulb Sun at some point, just like with all the other albums. Don't pay crazy prices for it now.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
11-05-2007
Porcupine Tree were awarded the prestigious best album of the year award for Fear of a Blank Planet at the Classic Rock awards ceremony, held at the Landmark Hotel in London. Also amongst the 300 attendees of the ceremony were Jimmy Page (receiving a lifetime achievement award), Tony Iommi, Jeff Beck, Ronnie James Dio, Nick Mason, Ian Paice, Lemmy, Bruce Dickinson, Stephen Tyler, and some bloke from Guns n' Roses that Richard and Steven (who accepted the award) has never heard of, though apparently he's quite famous if you like that kind of thing...

full winners list here

Manus

Second Unit
No worries :)
If you've ever heard of Steven Wilson's rock/ballad side project 'Blackfield' with Israeli artist Aviv Geffen , rejoice ;) because they've just released a concert dvd ' Blackfield Live in NYC ' with Stereo and dts sound .

The venue seems quite small and intimate but he's still a very powerful performer . Of their 2 released albums ( 1 + 2 ) , all songs minus 1 are performed live in this set :

http://www.cduniverse.com/sresult.as...&altsearch=yes

Also available as mp3 , Cd or Flac download here :

http://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/

is 'Nil Recurring ' a 4 track , 29 minute tour de force 'left over ' from the Blank Planet sessions . Well worth it .

I'm going to see them on friday in London , can't wait :D

~M~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks