What's new

Fear Factory Fans Rejoice (1 Viewer)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Nice job bumping up our good old Fear Factory thread! :D

Yeah, I know what you mean. I like some of that fake metal stuff, but it's just because I find some of it fun to listen to. Like Slipknot. :b

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
You like that! LOL....

Me too, I just picked up an album that I have been meaning to get for awhile now. Testaments "Low", this album freaking rocks! Just a side note......

Speaking of Slipknot, did you catch them on jay leno. I thought they sounded pretty good! Dont' know the name of the song they played thou...

R~

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Testament...:D :emoji_thumbsup:

I can never decide which of theirs is my favorite, either New order or Practice You What Preach.

Tony,

I don't know the song titles yet for Archetype, but the first tune is definitely my favorite-that definitely reminds me of Demanufacture. I'll warm to it more I'm sure...

And I also picked up the new Slipknot today-haven't heard it yet though. Sounds pretty interesting from the clips though. If Best Buy keeps pricing these new releases under $10 I'll definitely keep giving them a shot!

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I thought they did a very good job on Leno. The song that they played is called "Duality" and it's from their latest album, Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses).

Andrew, prepare to be surprised by the new Slipknot album. That's all I gotta say.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Man I need to go get the new slipknot..... The song on the fear factory album you are refering to is also my favorite on the album it is called

Slave Labor.... I also really like song 5 archtype...

Actually I dig the whole freaking album.....

R~

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i was definitely suprised by the new slipknot album. what an utter piece of shit!!! i don't know if it was rick rubin's production or what. i saw slipknot with fear factory and chimaira and the show rocked. but their new album just stinks up the place. most the songs are unlistenable. only a few good ones. that's the worst $10 i ever spent on an album. oh well, at least i bought the new skinny puppy with it so that kicked ass.

kevin t

Damien

Supporting Actor
OK now since the dust has settled, I think Fear Factory needs to make a no-holds barred metal album. Machine Head rebounded perfectly with Through the Ashes,. they should look at that example. I'm not saying the songs on Archetype are poor, just most of them sound like radio songs. I couldn't stop listending to the record at first, but now I only pop it in every now and then. They said they recorded without too much redoing, you can't really do that with metal. Songs like Bonescraper prove they are capable of still rocking so I can't wait to see what they got next.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't agree more. That album totally kicked ass, and Imperium is possibily one of the best songs I've ever heard! :emoji_thumbsup:

Damien

Supporting Actor
What I mean is the song structure. Ray is on fire, Burton kills, Christain...meh...and Christain wrote Byron's part so he was average too. Anyways almost every single song on the CD other than Bonescraper and Human Shields(forget my other post, this song is one of the highlights of the album) goes with the ol' Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Bridge(or whatever the random middle section is called)-Chorus...FF is capable of much more than that considering the talent.

Additionally, Bite the Hand that Bleeds You video is already shot, which is crazy considering they just did Archetype. BTHTBY has a chance to generate some sales hopefully FF will get their lucky break.

You mentioned Slipknot...really cool album I didn't like it(And the song duality) at first but now it's one of my favorite CD's,

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
There's reason for Fear Factory fans to rejoice AGAIN!! There is a new FF release coming out next month...

(From www.theprp.com)

:emoji_thumbsup: I'll definitely pick that one up!

FredK

Second Unit
bumpy bumpy...

rejoice again!

Full studio album Transgression for release on August 23, 2005. Was recorded in May. All news, updates, etc at http://www.fearfactory.com.

AFAIK there was a planned Archetype remix release but it was shelved because the label (Liquid 8) wasn't prepared to go that route and was more interested in new Fear Factory. Me too! Hopefully we see a remix of either Archetype or Transgression in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks