What's new

Fear Factory Fans Rejoice (1 Viewer)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
just an fyi....fear factory is touring with slipknot this spring along with chimaira.

kevin t

Damien

Supporting Actor
I D:'d about 4 songs, but I'll stop there to keep the suprise. Sounds amazing so far, makes me forget all about shitimortal. I heard they are selling it cheap bundled with a pack-in DVD(2 versions). I'm not sure about a digipack, but it seems doutful.

But to be fair I now understand why Digimortal was made the way it was...RR was breathing down there necks. ThThis is what makes liquid 8 such a pleasant sight to see.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
By the way, Fear Factory will be on MTV2's Headbangers Ball this Saturday night at 10 Eastern! Be sure to watch, because I know it's going to be great.

It's no wonder. I bet the guys at Roadrunner saw the somewhat success of Obsolete as an opportunity to try and make them more mainstream, like Slipknot.

All this said, if you are a fan of FF's older stuff, then DEFINITELY buy this album! It is absolutely stunning.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

Couldn't of said it better....

And of course I will be watching HB this saturday...... Can't wait

R~

Matt`G

Agent
When I heard Dino left, I was a little bit worried about what they would sound like. I'm glad to hear thumbs up from everyone here! I'll be picking this album up at first sight. :)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
HOLY CRAP! :eek:

I bet that is the in-store price on the week of release too. Man, if only all new albums were priced at this level. :emoji_thumbsup:

Damien

Supporting Actor
Which song is the official closer? I have to admit I haven't listend to Ascension as of yet, but I heard Human Shields and it isn't as good as the previous clinching songs.

Damien

Supporting Actor
check your exclusive companies if FF is coming to your area...they will be stopping at mine before the show on the 24th. Which is sold-out due to the angry little slipnot kiddies....

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
If you ask me, I'd say that Ascension is the closing song. It's about 7 minutes long, and I would say it's mostly an instrumental. This is definitely not up to the level of A Therapy For Pain or Timelessness. But still, this is one of Fear Factory's best albums. No doubt about that.

I bet most of the Slipknot kiddies will hate Fear Factory and Chimaira. ;)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

Holy crap is right!!! I hope that is the in store price...that is freaking cool!!!!!! From what I have been reading and looking at, the last song looks like "School"

R~

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Rhett, in case you don't know "School" is a cover of a Nirvana song (it can be found on their first album, Bleach). So, I don't consider it to be the real closing song. It's kind of like the situation on Obsolete with Cars as the last track.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
60 minute DVD? Mine is only like 32 minutes or so. I got the one with the documentary about the making of the album. In case you didn't know, there are 2 different DVDs floating around. One has what I just mentioned, and the other has some footage from their 2004 Australian tour with Korn.

I'll take a look at that thread later on.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
So what does everyone who has bought the album who didn't have it already :D think of it?????? I was a sucker and had to buy two to see if I could get the two different dvd's. Of course I haven't opened the second one yet!

R~

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I consider myself a huge FF fan. Here's how I'd rate the full studio releases (not counting compilations or remixes):

1. Demanufacture
2. Obsolete
3. Digimortal
4. Archetype
5. Soul Of A New Machine

Archetype is gpd, but IMO hardly any of the songs are as instantly memorable as any of the tunes of the last 3 releases. I hate to say it, but Dino Cazares' absence does seem to make somewhat of a difference. But it's still better than 99% of what passes for "metal" these days!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks