What's new

Favorite Paramount Film Moment Thread (1 Viewer)

SteveSs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
I love the ending to "Notorious", which I won't describe in detail as there might be one or two who haven't see it yet. It's the calmness in the way the character accepts his fate. Classic.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
My favorite moment is from The Godfather and it's the garden scene between Vito and Michael. Beautiful.

Mike.B

Stunt Coordinator
One of my very favorite movies is Witness. And I think my favorite moment/scene in the movie is near the beginning, when Samuel (the Amish kid) is in the bathroom in the train station. I won't go into more details in case someone hasn't seen it, but very tense and very well made. Love it.

Here is the HTF review of the special collector's edition from 2005:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/219197/htf-review-witness-special-collector-s-edition

Tom Abbott

Auditioning
My entry from Paramount's vast catalog comes from the end of the John Ford/ John Wayne/ James Stewart classic"The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance"
When the senior newspaper editor (played by Carleton Young), after learning the author of real demise of Liberty, throws the true account into the flames nixing its publication and then loudly proclaims "This is the west, sir. When the legend becomes fact,... Print the legend!"

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/288031/htf-dvd-review-the-man-who-shot-liberty-valance-centennial-collection-recommended

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/281984/htf-dvd-review-top-secret

TOP SECRET!

Nick Rivers: Listen to me Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.
Hillary Flammond: I know. It all sounds like some bad movie.
[Long pause. Both look at camera]

Real Name
Mark
A scene from Paramount's 2004 remake of "The Manchurian Candidate", near the final act of the film, when Liev Schreiber's Raymond Shaw and Denzel Washington's Ben Marco have the following exchange:

Raymond: "Are we friends, Ben? I want to believe we were friends."

Ben: "We are connected, and that's something nobody can take from us. You could have had me locked up, but you didn't. That's proof that there's something deep inside. There's a part that they can't get to. And it's deep inside us, and that is where the truth is. That's our only hope. That's what you and me need to tap into -- and that's what you and I are gonna use to take them out, Raymond."

In plain text, it may not seem like much, but in the context of the entire film, and as delivered by Schreiber and Washington, it's the one part of the movie I remember vividly from seeing it in the theater back in 2004. I did purchase both the DVD and the Blu-ray.

Here's the review thread on HTF:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/186641/the-manchurian-candidate-review-thread

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Congratulations to our week one winners drawn at random. I will be PM'ing you over the next couple of days to get your shipping addresses and the format you want (Blu-ray or DVD). Didn't win this week? There are still 7 more copies to win, so please enter the week two portion: Name your favorite Paramount character.

ghaist1 (Glenn)

"The Godfather" when James Caan says in the Italian restaurant "I don't want my brother coming out with his dick in his hand"

Mike Caronia

Coming to America

I always remember the opening credits with the Paramount logo...and then the camera zooms through and you are flying over Zamunda and into the film. Also, my favorite scene is without a doubt, Sexual Chocolate's performance. That boy is good!

Joseph J.D.

The pottery scene between Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore in Ghost. It was a beautifully done way to express how much Sam and Molly truly loved each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks