What's new

Favorite Android Phone In Samsung Galaxy Series? (1 Viewer)

Emanuel1

Agent
Real Name
Dessel Martro
What is your favorite android phone in Samsung galaxy series?

Mine favorite is Galaxy S4,...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hi Emanuel!

Just upgraded from the Note II to the Note 3 yesterday.

Really liking the Note 3. The entire Note series has been
really a pleasure to use.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I'll always have a soft spot for my Evo as it was my first Android phone, but the Galaxy S2 was a huge advance over the Evo in almost every way. To this day, the camera is still great, it's still pretty fast, and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I had to go back to it as my daily driver. That was a great, great phone.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Love my S4. Had the S2 and the Captivate (AT&T's S1) before that.

I find the Note line very intriguing. We just picked up a Note 10.1 2014 for my wife, and I'm thinking of getting one for myself.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just upgraded to a Samsung (shudder) Galaxy S4 from an HTC Vivo. The only reason is because I dropped my HTC and shattered the Gorilla glass. The phone still works, but I figure the cost and hassle of replacing the glass on such an old phone wasn't worth it, especially since I could upgrade for 0 dollars. I wanted something other than a phone made by Samsung. Unfortunately, in terms of specs, there was nothing that matched the S4 for processor, expandability of the memory, screen size and resolution. The only one that was remotely competitive was the Iphone 5c and the screen on that phone was too small,so (yuuckk) Samsung it is.I already see a few problems with the apps on the phone. It gets annoying to not be able to back out of an app and go back to the apps menu. I find that a person has to go back to the main screen then re-open the apps menu because you can't back out of a lot of the apps on the phone. I even accidentally opened some kind of text editor and the only way to close it was to completely reboot the phone. Nice design work.....not.A lot of the "features" like voice control,facial recognition and gesture controls all work haphazardly.The pros: A big, bright 1080p screen. A quad core processor and expandability to 64G of memory via SD cards.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ha ha. Well, I've got egg on my face. I accidentally found the touch button that allows a person to back out to a previous page. It isn't visible on the phone screen and only visibly lights up when you hit touch the very bottom of the screen. Live and learn.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Edwin, are you aware of the feature where you long press the home button to view all of your previously open apps? You can swipe away to close any of the open apps like the text editor. Although it's not really a big deal if they're open since the OS hibernates them and copies a save state, so it's (in theory) not affecting your battery life.

You can change the time out for the home and back buttons so they are always lit up, but there is some sort of battery hit (although I don't know how severe it is).

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hanson said:
Edwin, are you aware of the feature where you long press the home button to view all of your previously open apps? You can swipe away to close any of the open apps like the text editor. Although it's not really a big deal if they're open since the OS hibernates them and copies a save state, so it's (in theory) not affecting your battery life.You can change the time out for the home and back buttons so they are always lit up, but there is some sort of battery hit (although I don't know how severe it is).
Greetings,No, I wasn't aware of that function. I only got the phone a couple of days ago and have only played with it a bit. The manual that comes with it is pretty basic. Thanks for the tip though. I'll check out that function; although, now that I know where those two buttons are I might leave them with the default time out. The phone has a lot of bells and whistles. I think I barely scratched the surface with my exploration. I'm not a big fan of Samsung, but I have to admit they have packed a lot of power and features into the thing. I am loving the screen on it; although, the size is a bit awkward for carrying in pockets. It's not unmanageable though.

L

Laura98

Emanuel1 said:
What is your favorite android phone in Samsung galaxy series?

Mine favorite is Galaxy S4,...
Hi Emanuel1, left thinking about S4 and focus on S5 or Note 4 both have amazing features.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks