What's new

FATHER KNOWS BEST, Season 3 - Coming in June (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Not yet (through the first disc). However, the ending credits will show sponsor pics on the side.

Gary "I know that would be a nice feature, but it's not a make or break deal for me" O.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
not a make or break for me either, Gary. I've seen the original season 3 credits on a FKB website. According to the SitcomsOnline review, all the episode have the syndicated season 1 opening tacked on.....reminds me of Sony's laziness with the Bewitched openings. It's not a major thing, but I love seeing different openings for different seasons. I am loving season 3 and I enjoyed the Angel's Sweater more than the Christmas Story in season 1--yea, I'm in the minority on that. In fact, I enjoyed the radio versions of The Christmas Story more than the TV version.

Jude "keeping all body parts crossed for Season 4 being announced soon" C.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray

Did Father Knows Best have a new opening every year? I only go back as far as CBS daytime reruns for FKB and I recall the kids coming through the door opening credits. Which season(s) was that one used?

As a kid, one of the little pleasures of the new fall season each September was seeing the new opening credits on many of the returning shows. Leave It to Beaver and early seasons of The Lucy Show completely reworked theirs every year. Others like The Patty Duke Show made subtler changes. Many shows like Bewitched only revamped the credits when sponsor, color migration or cast changes forced them to.

I really wish they could find all the original season openings. It's not a deal breaker but it really adds value to the season sets and makes each season that much more collectible.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Season 1 had the kids laughing on the stairs (the Kent cigarette opening had Jim with a cigarette in hand)

Season 2 had the kids standing by the split style kitchen door

Season 3 had the family gathering around the couch

Season4, 5, and 6 had the kids coming through the dining room door, ending with Kathy starting to jump rope.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Never mind, I didn't see that last message, since it was on another page (I hate when that happens), so I duplicated the same info, which I'm now removing.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Thanks for the information, Jude. I'm very impressed with this show as an adult. When I was younger, I couldn't warm up to Jane Wyatt as much as Barbara Billingsley and the other moms. That patrician accent of hers was just a bit offputting. And the children didn't ring true for me the way Wally and Beaver did.

But now I'm taken aback at how good all three child actors are and how good the show actually is. I can't wait for the remaining three seasons!

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Hurray! Sam's Club got Season Three in this week... for $21.88! Which is within a dollar or two of what it would be in the-sale-that-dare-not-mention-its-name. ;)

Perfect timing for me. I just watched the second episode of Window on Main Street this week, and now I'll be able to watch the next two before I dive into my Season Two set. I'm intrigued by where Window may go next, and have some theories about it.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I'm just about ready for Season 4. I'm on the final disc of Season 3 and this show is so wonderful. Truly excellent and emotional entertainment. Some episodes have just been unlike anything I've ever seen. The stories are honest and full of heart. "Short Wave" is a great example of what I'm talking about. Poor Bud had a lot problems for 3 episodes in a row.

Did anyone else notice the actress that played Eula Craig comes back in "Betty, the Track Star" as a different character?

I sure hope Shout releases Season 4 before the end of the year and the rest of this series (along with the reunion movies). I'm in for the complete run! Absolutely beautiful show!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I don't know how I am going to wait until next year for Season 4. I really got into the show watching both Seasons 2 & 3. An e-mail from Shout said they aren't planning a release of Season 4 yet and it probably won't be until sometime next year. I was hoping for another Season by the end of the year. At this rate, it may take the next 3 years to complete this set.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Robert13

An e-mail from Shout said they aren't planning a release of Season 4 yet and it probably won't be until sometime next year.
That's horrible news, Robert. I sincerely hope Shout reconsiders this time-frame. And while I'm not panicking or anything, let me just throw something else out for folks to chew on. *IF* Shout holds off until next year for Season 4 (or, God forbid, stalls the series) then this will be a perfect example of why I get concerned seeing the company release so many different titles. It's great that they are releasing Season 1 of "Patty Duke" and "Mr. Ed", but not if it's to the detriment of finishing up "Father Knows Best". I've felt this way ever since Shout acquired the rights to so many titles from Universal and Sony. I just hope they don't have too many brands in the fire all at once.

Gary "earlier this year Brian Ward at Shout told me, although it wasn't anything 'official', that we'd probably see Season 4 later this year - not sometime next year" O.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I, sincerely, hope that Brian had more of an idea of their timeframe for releasing the next season. Sometimes the people that answer the e-mails aren't up-to-date on what's going on. Hopefully, that's the case because I would LOVE to see Season 4 released before Christmas. And they need to put the holiday episode of "Window on Main St" as well. They need to take advantage of the momentum with FKB. They have been doing really well so far. Hope they don't soften the moment by holding off. I think holding off does more to hurt sales than to help them.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Robert13

Hopefully, that's the case because I would LOVE to see Season 4 released before Christmas. And they need to put the holiday episode of "Window on Main St" as well.

Funny you should mention the Christmas episode from "Window on Main Street", because that was actually the context of my question to Brian about a 4th Season set. That's why it makes sense to me that they release the next set in either November or December. Take advantage of a great tie in/advertising ploy at that time of year with a rare, vintage extra.

Gary "I'll really be disappointed if we don't see Season 4 by the end of the year" O.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I know you've wanted that episode on there. And I agree it is a good time for them to go ahead and do it. I, too, hope they don't put it on the backburner while working on "new" series. They should finish FKB before starting a whole bunch of new series. Skipping around loses the consumers' interest who have already purchased the previous seasons. Eventually, they stop looking for it unless you're a big fan like we are. It's happened to too many series on dvd. Waiting it out never does any good.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I hope you guys get S4 this year or early next at the latest. With 3 seasons released I think Shout will get this one done eventually.

- Jeff "Not crazy about the new HTF software but they're working on it..that Software feedback thread of Mike Frezon's is great" Willis

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
While I'm not panicking yet, it's obvious that we aren't going to see Season 4 this year (per Robert's email info from Shout). I'm a tad concerned though as to whether Shout is truly committed to any more season sets - period. I'd hate to see this show get stalled at the halfway mark, but I have a sinking feeling that may be the case. Like I said, I'm not panicking yet, but I am getting concerned about the future of this series on dvd.

Gary "I still think Shout has too many irons in the fire" O.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I'm hoping that we see Season 4 in 2010. I don't think they are even working on Season 4 at the moment. However, I do hope they continue this series. One major problem studios make is sacrificing future sales of a series by halting it for long periods of time. Being consistant helps more than waiting because they risk losing the interest of those who are keeping up with the sets. Waiting isn't necessarily going to cause more people to collect the series. I've been more likely to start collecting a show lately that is close to completion or already complete on dvd. Nobody wants to start a series knowing they won't be able to finish it. It's bad marketing. Many people say "Well, it didn't sell well enough to continue...blah,blah,blah" but if we get halfway or more than halfway to finishing a series on dvd, then it is clearly a lack of interest in the studio. Some studios have become more overzealous with trying a new series to see if it sticks rather than devote more effort into one show and making that work. It's a frantic business tactic but they all do it. Anyhow, that's my sermon for the day.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Being just three months since the last release, I don't think the concern being shown is warranted yet.

If we get to summer 2010 and there's been no news or a actual release, I'll start to get worried then.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Brian Ward did tell me over on the Shout board back in July that they were having fun with the series and that the next Season set probably wouldn't be out till either late this year or early next year. I had forgotten about that specific correspondence with him so I'll amend my comments above to say I'm not concerned just yet.

Gary "it's hard for me to keep track of all the info we get from different sources" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks