What's new

Father Knows Best -- Season 2!!! (2 Viewers)

mrmike898

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Wagner
No problem Gary. I just wanted to let everyone know that with Season 2, Shout seems to have addressed the problems/complaints that Season 1 had. I honestly never thought that this series would see the light of day on DVD in any form (syndicated or unedited prints). Personally, I was satisfied with Season 1. But, I am overjoyed with Season 2. Right now, I am alternately watching discs of this and The Donna Reed Show: Season One, which I am also enjoying thoroughly.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Season 1 of this series was released by Shout Factory in April of last year. Season 2 rolled around in November. We are seeing the release schedule for April filling up quickly and still no word on a third season release of this show, one of my all time favorites! I'm not panicked yet, nor am I advocating such at this point. But I am concerned that Shout might be juggling a few too many titles right now and I fear that this show could be one that gets lost in the shuffle. While I've applauded Shout over the last couple of years, I've not heard any new announcements for 50's and 60's stuff from them ever since they got hold of some Universal properties. I'm hoping they aren't becoming allergic to the few B/W shows they were previously releasing (OZZIE & HARRIET and the aforementioned FKB series in particular). There's still many great series that need to be released and/or continued.

Gary "come on Shout, don't let me down now - I'm running out of studios/companies to feel good about" O.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Actually, I am starting to get panicky, but I tend to be very pessimistic when it comes to the DVD release of my favorite classics.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
A rep from Shout! posted on Sitcoms Online and we certainly let him know that we are EXPECTING to see a season 3 release!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

I'd say I've moved from the concerned camp to the very concerned camp at this point. The next level is panic, and I'll reach that if we go through the month of February without any news.

Gary "I certainly tend to be more of a pessimist with these sort of things as well, Joe" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks