What's new

Fastest Time you've completed a tv on dvd set? (1 Viewer)

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator
What's the fastest you've ever finished watching a tv on dvd set. And we're talking full length seasons here, not Three's Company Season 1.

I finished Prison Break Season 1 in 2 days. I watched 12 episodes the first day, and 10 the next. That same day I watched 5 season 2 episodes on my computer for a total of 15 hour long episodes in one day.
I also finished Season 5 of Seinfeld in 2 days. I watched 19 episodes the first day, and 3 the next.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Well... lets see... a full season half hour show... like three's Company: Season 2... I have done in 1 day.

An hour long full season show... like Alias... I have done in 2 days.

my quickest I ever done anything would have to be all 7 Seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer watched in only 12 days.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Man, you guys are fast :) I think the fastest I've been through a season set was about 4 weeks for "Murder One" S1. Since I always have multiple TV/DVD sets in progress, it takes me a while before completing a set. Currently, I'm "speeding" (fror me, that is...) through "Perry Mason" S1.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Proving I've got oodles of free time, I watched all (every episode, every commentary, every special feature, every easter egg) of The Simpsons: Season Eight in two and a half days. It's only four discs but they're loaded discs.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
The fastest I ever finished a season was Veronica Mars Season 1. I finished that in 6 days, one disc a night.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I also prefer to pace out watching a series. For Freaks and Geeks I purposely spaced it out to only one or two episodes a day. I didn't want to come to the end too quickly.

I recall going through Seasons 1, 2, and 3 of All Creatures.... very quickly. This was always one of my favorite TV series and it had been a while since I had seen the show on our PBS station.

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
I watched Jeffersons eason 1, Tabitha Entire Series, and half of nanny season 2 in 9 hours.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I Lose badly

I watched a borrowed set of the original Battlestar Galactica in 1 day straight. All day on a Sunday.

I watched season 2 of Gilligan's Island in 5hrs cause wow it was finally in colour.

1 season of Frasier in one night started at 6pm ended watching around 930am. Non Stop I was hooked. OOps that was season 5.

Amit Ashar

Agent
Alias Season 2. Started it on a Friday, and finished on Sunday with enough time to watch all 9 season 3 episodes that that had aired at that point. I got through all of those just in time to watch the newest episode that aired that night.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Sorry, nowhere close...but I generally don't watch a season in a day. I break it up into 2 episodes per day, as I have with Buffy and Charmed, and now X-Files and Star Trek: TNG. Although, I did make it through four seasons of ``The Dead Zone'' in probably about four weeks or so, but to be fair, those seasons were shorter since they're the summer not the fall length.

Mary_P

Second Unit
How do you watch more than 13 hours of running time in 5 hours? Doesn't it hurt your brain to watch for that long in fast-forward mode? :)

Me, I'm not anywhere near as fast as you guys. I manage an episode or two a day, around other commitments and new stuff that's airing first-run. And lately, I'm cycling through different series each day, just to keep things from getting too tired. It'll probably take me almost as long to go through "The Dick Van Dyke Show" as the show was originally on the air....

Probably the fastest I ever went through anything was "Sports Night," if only because once I started a disc, it was hard for me to turn it off; I'd just keep letting it roll into the next episode, and the next, and the next.... But even so, it took me more than a week to get through the two seasons.

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator

I'm also wondering how it took you 15.5 hours to watch season 5 of Frasier "Non-stop". The Season is only about 9 hours long.

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt

Well, I had a half hour pause between when I took out the disk I'd Netflixed and went to Target to buy the box set. I guess I lose. :laugh:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
You can count on me to "Bring up the Rear":) At the rate of 1 show per week I anticipate completing my collection of "Little House on the Prairie" about the time the Vancouver Olympics Begin!:D

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
During my vacation I watched all 11 Seasons of M*A*S*H in 7 days. My Brain hurt, Had No Sleep, but I loved it!

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I usually space the eps out a bit. I rarely watch more than four eps of one particular show in a single day. Exception being Curb Your Enthusiasm - I've watched through all of each season with my girlfriend in single sittings on DVD when they were each released. Ten eps back to back.

Fastest ever for a single full-season (20 eps or more) show would probably be about a week for a couple of shows (Alias, SG-1).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks