1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

fast panning with BenQ W1070

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by grizz, Jun 27, 2013.

1. grizz

grizz New Member

franck
    Hello,

I am planning on buying this projector BenQ W1070
    I read one review regarding fast panning where the image will eventually stutter.

Does anybody know if that's a big concern? How bad it is?
    Any other projector in that $ range would be better?

thanks

2. Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance Well-Known Member

Gerald LaFrance
    I* am not sure what you mean by Stutter. The only thing I know about and it mostly happens with LCD TV's, Monitors is there is a Blur effect.. But if you keep the Response rate lower then 5ms you are good..Now with the LCD PRojector it might have something similar I am noit sure will check in a minute but if it does have the Response rate the lower the better..Hmmm, Weird I thought this was a LCD PRojector.. I don't think Stutter will be an issue with a DLP.. I have an older DLP Acer PH530 and do NOT notice and weird effects with Fast scenes.. I like Action Movies..

3. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Owner
    Owner

Dave Upton
    I have used this projector for about 100 hours. My findings were that it never had any issues with motion, either in film/TV or video games. Incredibly bright, sharp picture too. The only real complaints I have are placement flexibility is limited, and the black levels aren't great.Still, given the price - this thing is an outrageously good value.

grizz likes this.
  4. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Glad it isn't just me.

I was trying to figure out how a DLP projector would have reviews saying it stutters. Maybe the OP should provide a link so we can all shake our heads at the nonsense.