What's new

Fast Food Foul-ups (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I like my cheeseburgers with nothing on it but lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles. I'm not a fan of mayonaise, ketchup, and mustard on my burger. So whenever I order one, 50% of the time it's prepared incorrectly. I've learned to always pull into a parking space after leaving the drive-thru and check to make sure it's right instead of heading straight home.

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike

They might ask you if you would like it on toast instead.....

Or better yet, ask for a toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich without the bread....

A few years ago at McDonald's I would order a Quarter Pounder extra value meal, no cheese. They would usually get my order correct; however, due to the way their cash register computer was set up I would get charged $0.25 more than the extra value meal menu price because they had to enter the burger as a special order.

After a few times having to explain to the worker that I had been charged too much and getting a blank stare and usually no money back (even with the manager intervening) I asked for the phone number of the regional manager. I called the regional manager and explained that their computer system was messed up and it needed to be fixed. He was not very friendly and basically said I was full of it.

I then added that I knew the local TV reporter that did the reports on consumer ripoffs (my neighbor) and I would talk to her if the problem was not corrected and in addition I would talk to their boss to see if the practice was standard at all McDonald's or if he was just skimming off the top.

The next week I received a letter with coupons for 10 free extra value meals, an apology letter, and when I went into the store the next time the price was correct.....

Mike

Jimi C

Screenwriter
One time I ordered a Chicken sandwich and they gave me a fish sandwich. It was hell. I cried.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Maybe they thought you meant "chicken of the sea."
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
No, that's my niece. I was putting together some pictures for my mom and thought those two were so cute I should put them somewhere they'd be seen.

Regards,

Joe

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

See my thread on making your own pizza. At my place $15 would get you a dozen nice combo pizzas. Mine normally come with extra cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, and shaved onions.

RyanAn

Screenwriter

Plenty of good people start at minimum wage jobs and try their best.

-

Let me preface this with I don't eat fast food anymore.

One time I went through the drive-thru of Taco Bell and when I bit into my bean burrito, there was onion in it. I hate onion. I had asked for no oninon. I go inside and ask for an onionless bean burrito and the manager comes and says theres no onion in the bean burrito. She dissects and there's onion.

One time we ordered several pizzas from Pizza Hut and I ate a ton that night. The next morning, I continue eating the leftovers and while seperating the last two or three slices, I notice not one, not two - but about 15 to 20 long strands of black hair imbedded between the crust and cheese. VO5 or not - that was the most disgusting thing ever.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

One hair might have been an accident, but 15-20 hairs is almost guaranteed to be a deliberate act. Did you bring this up with Pizza Hut?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Holy Crap! I read it as (a single) 15"-20" long hair...not 15-20 actual hairs. :eek: One hair might have been an accident, but 15-20 hairs is almost a law suit. ;)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Only one really, my first job was Carls Jr. Some lady ordered a bunch of burgers, I made them and sent them all off with her, with no patties.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
James,

At Sams Club you can buy a 25 lb bag of bread flour and 2 lbs of yeast for a total of $7 + $4 = $11. That's enough to make dozens and dozens of pizzas.

You do have to get your hands dirty. Or would you rather eat other people's dirt? :confused:

EDIT You get about 3 x 12 inch pizza crusts from a pound of flour. So a 25 lb bag of flour should yield 75 pizza crusts. You only need a heaping spoonful of yeast per batch of crust so that 2 x 1 lbs of yeast should last forever if properly stored. I'm guessing you should spend about ten cents per crust to make a scratch-baked pizza.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
They say that's one of the reasons why one particular pizza place can make pizza that tastes like no one elses.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Well I'm game to try that next time. I also need to learn to make the sauce too. I usually go for a really good Ragu spaghetti sauce like the Sweet Sausage version or the one with Parmesan and Romano cheeses in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks