What's new

Fast Five - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Fast Five is a briskly paced, entertaining movie that delivers on the legacy of previous installments of the Fast and the Furious franchise. Bringing in players from the previous four films, filling in the past histories between one another, the plot is straight forward, but the path has a lot of turns and curves to it. Each character in a sprawling cast has their moment to shine (some for just a bit, but overall good cast chemistry).
Running on fumes in the beginning, Dom, Mia and Brian take on a gig, which goes somewhat badly for them as far as staying off the wanted list, and that brings Hobbes (The Rock) and his crew after them in Brazil. Pretty soon, an opportunity manifests itself for the gang to make one last score and then disappear. This requires additional personnel, and together they plan and plot and practice, while Hobbes continues to hunt them down.

Going into this kind of film, you know what you're in for, but they continue to up the ante in car driving stunts, and entertain its audience.

I give it 3 stars or a grade of B.

P.S. Stay through the credits until you see the additional bit of footage, you'll know it when you see it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I liked it and was thoroughly entertained by my matinee showing.

As Patrick stated, stay to the end of the credits.

Crawdaddy

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
The action was way over the top but very satisfying overall. Highly entertaining. Good start to the summer movie season.

And yes, I was surprised by who appears in the end credits but also who might be in the sequel. So it was a double surprise for me. One of the best end credit footage in a while.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
thank you for the review.

ive been wanting to see this one as im not a big fan of FAF films,but the trailer did seem very good and i love the Rock.

wait dont tell me,after the credits Samuel Jackson shows up as Nick Fury and asks Vin if he wants to join the Avengers ?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Loved it. Pure action flick from start to finish and it never pretends to be anything else. Bringing in The Rock really added a badass element to the film and I'm glad they used him instead of Tommy Lee Jones(who was originally supposed to play the role). Sure, Jones is a better actor, but he doesn't strike quite as imposing a figure as The Rock.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Brent M

Tommy's a little too long in the tooth to be playing those type of roles any longer. For heavens sake, he had a small role in Love Story over 40 years ago.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford

Tommy's a little too long in the tooth to be playing those type of roles any longer.

I agree. He was great in The Fugitive, but that was around 15 years ago. They definitely made the right choice going with The Rock for this role.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Why must every single one of your posts include at least 10 exclamation points?

Originally Posted by stevedavis

havent seen yet!!!!!!but heard gud things from friends!!!will try and plan the movie this weekend

Steve

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I saw it this evening and enjoyed it. It was definitely over the top and the final bits defied the laws of physics. But it was definitely entertaining! It seems this series is like Star Trek, every other film are the better ones, or in this case, the odd numbered ones. I didn't know about the bit at end of the credits, and that was a surprise. Nice to see the Rock mix it in with the gang. I liked the new ladies in the cast too. About the plot, it felt like a remake of the recent remake of The Italian Job, with some Lethal Weapon 4 mixed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks