What's new

Farscape: Starburst Edition (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

I suspect another factor is that they've likely managed to find all the materials from which the new extras come.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I got perfectly ticked off after going to six stores to find 2.2 in the last two days. In fact, in those six stores, I found ONE copy of Thundercats too. So I ordered both, and Simpsons S6, online today. Delivered to my doorstep, cheaper and without the fuss. I think I've officially given up on B/M's.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I can't believe they still haven't fixed the subtitles bug after 5 releases. :frowning:

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
That's ADV for you ... at least Lions Gate Entertainment allows thge subtitles to be displayed. You'd think ADV Films would fix the releases but I think these may just be transfer from the versions previously released to DVD.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I just discovered that Best Buy.com has an October 4th date listing for Farscape Starburst Season 2 Collection 3. The ADV Films site has no listing yet.

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator
Re: Automatic subtitles

I hadn't experienced this at all, until I put a Starburst disc into my #2 player---and was surprised to see the subs pop up. So, it looks like some players start the subs and others don't.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Actually, it seems to vary depending on the disc and the player. I primarily watch DVDs in my bedroom on via my Playstation2, and all but one of the starburst discs automatically brings up the subtitles, but my mom's DVD player at her house doesn't automatically display subtitles on any of the starburst discs.

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
We've got cover art for 2.3 on Amazon! Could someone post the link? I can't. FYI, Amazon also confirms the release date Best Buy gave of 10/4!

WilliamW

Auditioning
Same problem here at least one episode per disk "freezes"
and the subtitles autostart on all, so to solve that little problem I'm made backups of each (total of 9 single sided discs verses 3 double yer chances of scratching them discs)All the backups work perfectly and look great. Don't have to flip either and I have the originals as master discs. This begs for the question: If the original "freezes" how come the backup dosen't?? I don't take them back to the store for replacements cause I order them online. Since this show was a "blind" buy for me and I've fallen in love with it, I may just buy the Starburst Editions up till 2.3, then get Season 3 & 4 in the original boxsets cause I can't wait to see the whole series. I've already bought The Peacekeeper Wars and resisting the temptation to "pre-watch" it before seeing all 4 seasons.
Sorry if mentioning backing up dvds is a no no, if so no hard feelings if this post is deleted.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Whatever you do don't watch the Peace Keeper Wars early. It'll mess alot of things up for you.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Wait, is each side of the Starburst editions only 4.3 GB? Man if that's the case, why the heck did ADV make these double sided when they could have done double layered instead? Double layered discs don't have the high failure rate of double sided discs.

Karlo

Auditioning
I haven't watched the starburst DVDs yet, since I am watching something else at the moment.

I wonder if everybody here has experienced the problem of episodes "freezing" on you [at least one in each DVD].

If so, what do you do to prevent or to correct this problem. I don't think I can take all my DVDs to the store and tell them to exchange them.

Didn't someone here say something about alcohol on the DVD.... etc etc.

Anyways let me know. I suppose I should start watching them just to make sure.

Roger_R

Second Unit
I've encountered it on one DVD so far. The season 1 finale. Turned out it's a physical defect which looks like a small circle on the surface. Too bad I waited 4 months to watch it. PlayUSA has a 28 day limit on returns... :frowning:

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Farscape Starburst edition 5, aka 2.2, has finally arrived on Best Buy shelves! Got mine today. Will be a few days before I know it is defective or not. Best Buy was charging a huge marked up price for it though - $20!

UPDATE: Well that didn't take long. I got a defective disc again. Disc 1, Side 1, about 20 minutes into the "Wedding" episode, it freezes up. I can go to the menu and start from the next chapter about five minutes ahead. So I miss five minutes of the show. And traditionally, this means the other side of the disc will have a freeze on the opposite side. So, figure about 10 minutes ruined.

ADV sucks. They have no quality control. If it weren't for the new commentary tracks and new extras, I'd be buying the older single sided discs. Three defective purchases out of five. Unbelievably crummy company.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks