What's new

Farscape: Starburst Edition (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Elwood,

Two things to consider:

1) 4.3 is already out, so whatever piggyback success a SE of the mini-series could have is gone.

2) PKW was released by Lionsgate; ADV released the episodes. No hope of ADV getting the rights and doing a 2 disc set. And there's been no word on Lionsgate even being remotely interested in a SE.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Has anyone who sent in defective sets received the corrected sets in return yet? I sent mine in on Sep 23, 2006, and it is now November 5, 2006 and I haven't heard a peep.

I am not worried yet, because I figured it would probably take at least 8 weeks, but I am curious if anyone has received theirs.

cpracer

Auditioning
Real Name
Casey Ray
Hello. I'm not sure if it's ok to ask this, but does anyone know where the best place to find Starbursts in Canada is? They're very hard to find in retail stores.

Thanks!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Best Buy in the states has them, though usually only the last two or three. I've had much better success online, especially if you want the four disc sets of the first two seasons. Amazon I know for a fact has them.

cpracer

Auditioning
Real Name
Casey Ray
Thanks! I got a bunch on sale at deepdiscountdvd.com. For some reason they don't have #5 (2.2) though.

Was there supposed to be a commentary for PK Tech Girl?

cpracer

Auditioning
Real Name
Casey Ray

I checked with their customer service, and apparently the stock is all the newer 4-disc version.

Thanks for that link Will B! According to the news section on that site, Television Without Pity is now recapping Farscape. Definitely time for a maraton re-watch.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Replying to myself: Today I received in the mail the replacement copies from ADV, for free. (I still have some other double sided ones but they worked; I only exchanged the ones that were defective). FYI The replacements were 3.1 and 2.2.

rexerm

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Has there been any inkling of a complete series box set?

I've been waiting for years for ADV to finally settle down with these things (single-disc releases -> double-disc releases -> DVD-18 Starburst -> DVD-9 Starburst). Already learned my lesson when I had to ebay the 44-disc set to due to the Starburst sets... now I'm worried there's a series set looming with an inevitable bonus disc I should wait for...

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Has anyone bought some of the earlier 2-disc sets from Overstock.com? I was wondering if I would be getting the 2 or 4 disc set for 1.3.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks