What's new

Farscape: Starburst DVD Problems (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I really don't know who makes the 4-DVD cases that are only 14 millimeters in width (the same width as standard Amaray case).

While I or anyone here on this forum could point to many online retailers that carry slim 4-DVD cases I do not know any of the manufacturers or distributors (though I know they're all Chinese companies like Sunlit).

Like you I've noticed such slim cases tend to come in two versions:

A) a version with a center page that secures the extra two discs for a total of four (and sometimes but rarely features clips for holding a paper insert over the left-most disc)

B) an overlap version where a pair of discs are held on each side with clips on the inner spine to hold a paper insert.

ADV will be criticised regardless of what they do, particularly if they choose an overlap style.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Gord, talk to Ric Easton on here. I'm sure he knows all the cases back and forth.

John H Ross

Screenwriter
This is excellent news. Any sign of Universal dropping DVD-18s and re-issuing all their faulty sets too?

JR

John*D

Second Unit

I'm not sure who makes this, it's not specified on their web site. Genesysdtp can probably let you know who does if you contact them.

http://www.genesysdtp.com/4dvdflapdetails.htm

9/16" (14mm) thick spine.

Nexpak also makes something called the Slim-4 but that's 1" thick.

There is also also a keepcase that holds 4 overlapping discs (think Lois&Clark or Home Improvement) but its a little thicker than a standard case. I"m not sure who makes them, only found a seller on ebay.

7/8" thick spine:

Rick P

Supporting Actor
I've got a bunch of the ones you show from Genesysdtp and they are execellent...

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
Knowing ADV, they'll re-re-re-re-re-re-rerelease Farscape Seasons 1 and 2 as 'Super Deluxe Mega-Big Ultra Not Double-Sided Starburst' Editions. :)

Seriously though, this is GREATLY welcomed! I hope they use the overlapping cases to keep them a similar size. I actually like overlapping cases. It's a very minor hassle, but you save a lot of space.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully, and let's all keep our fingers crossed they'll take that suggestion in mind, special thanks to Gord (YAY GORD).

Let's all pray for ADV Films and hope they use those slim multi DVD cases.:D

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
So...here's a question...

Pick one:
A) Wider case with booklet
B) Same-sized case without booklet

Gord

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I choose b. The booklets are something you may look at once or twice. I'd rather have more shelf room.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
i like the booklet, since it shows brief episode summaries and lists the special features by disc/side/etc.

the case that the first one came in was interesting in that it had some 'snaps' in the spine that held the one-pager and space for the discs, one on each face.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
If I remember correctly, the first volume had two DVD's posted to each side of the case with the booklet in-between the two DVD's. I would say that if they use those recently posted DVD cases and the fact that the DVD's would be one sided with the inserted booklet, not damaging the disk.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I vote to skip the booklet.

Ask them to put the episode info on the disc art instead. (Problem solved!)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I just checked my order on Amazon for the 2.3 I ordered way back in Sept. The shipping date is now set to November 1st.

Roger_R

Second Unit
PlayUSA had the same problem with the one released in... June, was it? They got it in stock a month after releasedate. They're still waiting for 2.3 and they skipped 2.2. I wonder if it's ADV that sucks at sending out copies in time or if it's the webshops...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
The problems are coming from the replication facility; they're behind in delivering copies to ADV. Another reason why they're switching to DVD-9s.

Gord

Mark Seyb

Agent
Hey Gord!

Thanks for doing something about this. I emailed ADV and even sent a link to here so they could see it's not just me complaining. I heard nothing from them. As much as I am loving Farscape, I started to wonder whether in good conscience I could buy from a company who didn't care enough to respond to a genuine customer complaint. Well, you took care of it for us. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks