What's new

Farscape - 1/10/03 (1 Viewer)

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I thought tonight's show was very good. Highly entertaining. I loved Claudia Black's outfit. I can understand Aeryn, but how in the world can Chiana and Grandma all of a sudden speak english? What is Scorpius planning?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I enjoyed the episode as well. Ms. Black looked very nice in the "Cher" outfit. As for the English thing, I think it's a bit of a plot hole but the flow of the show was going well enough that it really didn't bother me too much.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Didn't I hear Aeryn say something about her speaking enough English to get by? That makes it even weirder, then they acknowledge the language barrier and then ignore it.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
Just before the 1st interaction w/ the cop, Rygel says Aeryn knows enough english to get by. Also, I read someone's review of the show and he said from an earlier episode, John lost his virginity to a girl named Karen Shaw, which is the name Chiana told young John. So it's interesting he met the crew before he even became an astronaut.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I only came into the series last year. Regarding Chiana, is her body white all over? I assume it is and was quite surprised to see Caucasian skin toned legs when she traversed the hood on young John's car.

Jacob Perry

Stunt Coordinator
I thought that was hilarious that John lost his virginity to Chiana.

As for the crew speaking English, Umm how? Aeryn was learning but Chiana and Grandma should have been clueless and they seemed to have no trouble at all, which doesnt make sense. They should have all been like Dargo.

A pretty good episode.

Its sad though, knowing the series is coming to end.

The beginning of the end.

JP

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
As for the crew speaking English, Umm how? Aeryn was learning but Chiana and Grandma should have been clueless and they seemed to have no trouble at all, which doesnt make sense. They should have all been like Dargo.
This is assuming that aliens take the same time to learn a language as we do. With Aeryn the problem always seemed to be with pronunciation rather than syntax or vocabulary. The same with Chi and Wrinkles, it seems. As for Chi, she spoke quite sparsely, and made up for it in body language. ;)

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
Come to think about it, how are the characters able to converse with all of the life formst that they come accross. They couldn't all be injected with translation microbes! ;)
WOW, I hate to sound like William "Get a Life" Shatner, but we need to get a life! :D
If you look at Farscape, there are plenty of plot holes, but it is the characters that shine.
Great show. I look forward to watching the remaing episodes and hope that SCI-FI sees a noticable jump in ratings.
Regards,
Spence

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Well, we've seen Chiana topless from behind, so I think it's pretty safe to say she's white all over.

I thought this ep was decent overall, had some very good humor in it (especially the middle-finger bit). But the time travel plot was incredibly lame.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
John really knows how to deliver those cliffhanger lines. "Was it a bass or a trout?" is another classic along with "You've got to be kidding me" and "Whoops".

As for the crew speaking english, I think they handled it well. If you watch it again, you will see that they only actually know a few phrases. Of course, they can understand what everyone says just fine because of their translator microbes, but when actually talking to other humans they only say a few phrases. Like Chiana said "yes" "karen" "drive", and D'Argo said "yes" "no" "bite... me"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks