1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Faroudja or not?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gerry S, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Gerry S

Gerry S Stunt Coordinator

I am curious how important you feel it is to have the Faroudja deinterlacing in a front projector. I saw the infocus screenplay 110(with Faroudja) yesterday, and liked what I saw. Regretfully though, I have not viewed any other home theater quality projectors.

Is Faroudja deinterlacing necessary to get the best picture? If you pick up a project without this technology, do you need to take other steps to improve quality?

Thanks for your suggestions. My budget allows for a projector up to $5k.

Many thanks,
    Gerry

2. Ben L C

Ben L C Agent

I do not have a FP, but from the reading I have done it seems that a good HTPC will do the job of the Faroudja and save you a couple thousand. There seems to be a lot of buzz over the Sony HS10 which can be found for around $2500 on the web.

Ben

3. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

Faroudja's deinterlacing is great, but you can get that in a $130 DVD player (ie. the Panasonic DVD-RP62).

With a budget of $5k, there are a lot of really excellent choices. You definitely should look at a few LCD's, along with maybe a LCOS (Hitachi SX-5500W) with your price range, before you make a final decision.

4. Gerry S

Gerry S Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely look into the LCOS technology.

I'd like to throw a couple more brands out there for comment:

NEC HT1000
    Epson TW100
    Sanyo PLV70

Anymore suggestions are much appreciated.

-Gerry