What's new

Faroudja or not? (1 Viewer)

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
I am curious how important you feel it is to have the Faroudja deinterlacing in a front projector. I saw the infocus screenplay 110(with Faroudja) yesterday, and liked what I saw. Regretfully though, I have not viewed any other home theater quality projectors.

Is Faroudja deinterlacing necessary to get the best picture? If you pick up a project without this technology, do you need to take other steps to improve quality?

Thanks for your suggestions. My budget allows for a projector up to $5k.

Many thanks,
Gerry

Ben L C

Agent
I do not have a FP, but from the reading I have done it seems that a good HTPC will do the job of the Faroudja and save you a couple thousand. There seems to be a lot of buzz over the Sony HS10 which can be found for around $2500 on the web.

Ben

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Faroudja's deinterlacing is great, but you can get that in a $130 DVD player (ie. the Panasonic DVD-RP62).

With a budget of $5k, there are a lot of really excellent choices. You definitely should look at a few LCD's, along with maybe a LCOS (Hitachi SX-5500W) with your price range, before you make a final decision.

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely look into the LCOS technology.

I'd like to throw a couple more brands out there for comment:

NEC HT1000
Epson TW100
Sanyo PLV70

Anymore suggestions are much appreciated.

-Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks