What's new

Farenheit DVD systems...decent quality? (1 Viewer)

David Taylor

Agent
I just bought the wife a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe and she wants to get a DVD player put in it for the kids. I called a local installer that I trust and was given a quote of of $499 installed for: 7" LCD (flip down, mounted to ceiling), separate DVD player mounted either under the seat or in the console or glovebox, FM modulator and 2 wireless headphones. The brand is Farenheit. I did a search on here and only found a couple of references.

That seems like a really good price, but I wanted to check out this brand. I don't want to have something installed permanently like this if it is likely to break in a year or two.

Thanks!

Michael.M.C

Stunt Coordinator
I have had a Farenheit in my 2001 Ford F250 crewcab and it was installed soon after purchased new. Still works fine although ours is modified a bit. The sound on the unit is weak so ours plays through the trucks (radio) speaker system or through wireless headphones.

David Taylor

Agent
Thanks for the input. This particular forum doesn't seem to get too much traffic. I was beginning to wonder if anyone would respond! :)

David Taylor

Agent
I got the system installed and everything seems OK. However, the first unit had a bad pixel, and the second unit then had a bad DVD player. Everything is good now, but it does make me wonder about the long-term viability of the system.

On top of that, I had a miserable installation experience. If you live in the Waco, TX area email me and I'll tell you which local dealer NOT to use. I won't bad mouth the guy publicly, but I will gladly tell someone privately to save them the aggravation.

In short:
- When I took it back to have the bad screen replaced, I told him in a note that it was hooked up incorrectly--he had it wired not to the ACC circuit (like the radio) but to the ON circuit. I didn't want it this way. I happen to mention a website where he could get wiring diagrams if he needed it.
- The dude calls me at working and lays into me saying things like "I don't appreciate your note!", "I don't need you to tell me how to do my job, I've been doing it for 20 years", "you are being condescending" etc. etc. and then HANGS UP ON ME when I'm trying to explain to him that I was just trying to be helpful by pointing out the website.

Long story short, this dude was a real jerk. He's the owner of the shop too! And when I went to pick up my car he had left--and he knew when I was coming. Basically, he pussed out and didn't want to talk to me. He embarassed himself and decided to run errand while I was picking up the car.

Anywhoo, hopefully everything will continue to work correctly. I don't want to have to go back to this guy.

David

David Taylor

Agent
It turns out the one that got installed on Friday has a bad pixel (different location) too! GRRRRRR! I'm going to take it back tommorow and demand that he order me a Clarion system (of course I'll pay the difference). I'm DONE with Farenheit. This is ridiculous! I just got the car and it seems like he's had it more than I have.

I'll update here if anyone cares...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks