What's new

Far Out Space Nuts & Other Krofft Shows (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I recently debuted H.R. Pufnstuf for my kids, and it was such a success that I went back searching for more information on my other two favorite Krofft shows, Lidsville and Far Out Space Nuts. When the current dvd set for Pufnstuf was released, Vivendi put out a press release that said this:

H. R. PUFNSTUF: THE COMPLETE SERIES is the latest release to stem from the partnership the Krofft brothers and Vivendi Entertainment formed last year. The ongoing collaboration promises to produce a series of DVD sets and compilations that will spotlight the sibling puppeteer's iconic catalog of children's television shows.

One of those programs, Lidsville, is heading to the big screen courtesy of DreamWorks Animation. The Krofft brothers will serve as executive producers for the project, which marks the first animated feature film adaptation of their work.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/HR-Pufnstuf-The-Complete-Series/15227#ixzz2uZoqdYuf

The complete series of Lidsville was released by Rhino, and is hard to find at a reasonable price. Whatever plans Vivendi had to release that series apparently died when the Lidsville feature was shelved. As for Far Out Space Nuts, one episode of that show had appeared on the Rhino compilation of Kroft shows, but it did not appear on a similar compilation put out by Vivendi (it was not mentioned in the Pufnstuf press release either).

Does anyone know what's going on with the Krofft library, particularly Far Out Space Nuts? Thanks

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
KCET in Los Angeles was running Land of the Lost, Pufnstuff, and Lidsville early on weekends in the past year. (Checking their website, they don't seem to be showing them anymore.) Not sure if any of them had been remastered, but a new 16:9 Krofft logo appears after the original one. The shows themselves were in their original broadcast ratio, thankfully.

The Pufnstuf episodes looked awfully good to me, but it was shot on film of course.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Krofft needs to reacquire the dvd rights to all their stuff and release them on a website. I'd just give up on store shelves at this point.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Weird, I thought I posted this earlier today, but I don't see it here. Anyway, the nationwide second-tier broadcaster MeTV is currently running Pufnstuf and Land of the Lost on their Saturday morning line-up from 7-8am ET for those who might like to know.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I would love to have far out space nuts as it has been nearly 40 years since I has seen the show. Saturday morning cartoons will always something I will cherish in my life. I am in my middle ages now, but I still love the good ole cartoons/live action shows from the 1960s and 1970s.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
I can't believe there still isn't an ElectraWoman and DynaGirl set available. You could fit all 8 episodes on one disc!

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
DaveHof2 said:
I can't believe there still isn't an ElectraWoman and DynaGirl set available. You could fit all 8 episodes on one disc!
Same with Dr. Shrinker. Don't really see what the hold of is. Can't believe it's lack of demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks