What's new

Fantasy Football (Non HTF leagues) (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Finished third. However, I did get my long sough-after victory against my 12-0 in the regular season rival, who finished in fourth.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I finished second due to starting Griese over Collins + Owens (my only real stud) was held out of his game. I proposed that his stats next week count for this week but it didn't fly. :eek: That method is used in several leagues where someone gets screwed over in such a circumstance. All I had was my #3, #4 and #8 draft picks playing and got to the championship game. What really got me that far was all my free-agent pickups (Travis Taylor, Marcel Shipp, James Mungro, Jerry Porter, etc). That's not too shabby for my very first fantasy football league I'd say.
I'm looking forward to next year's league though.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I won one out of my 4 leagues this year. I was the wild card team for the playoffs and knocked off the top 2 teams in the playoffs to win. In my local money league (I was the defending champ) I finished 7th (out of 10)! Bleh!!! My worst finish ever in the 7 years of the league. I had a chance to play spoiler last week and keep a team from winning the championship but my QB (Bulger) got hurt on the first series. Typical of how my whole season went. The good news is that I drafted Portis this year and he will be my keeper. I will also have one of the first 3 picks in the draft next year.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I won my division last week with a 13-3 record, thanks to big games from Amani Toomer, Chad Pennington and Eddie George. My 2nd place opponent was let down by Drew Bledsoe and Eric Moulds. This weekend I face off against the other division winner (11-5) for the league title. He has Ahman Green, Michael Vick and Randy Moss (vs. Detroit) for me to overcome.

I will be starting Chad Pennington (instead of Tommy Maddox or the injured Brad Johnson), Clinton Portis (vs. Arizona), Eddie George (Houston), Charlie Garner (vs. KC), Jerry Rice (KC) and Hines Ward (Balt). I decided to sit Amani Toomer vs. Philly, despite his big game last weekend. I also have Darrell Jackson on the bench.

FYI, our league decided to go with a full 17-week season, since we had two six-team divisions. This allowed us to have a balanced schedule (two games vs. division opponents, one vs. each team from the other division, and a championship game in Week 17). We placed more prize money on winning the division than the championship, since some teams rest players on Week 17 before the playoffs begin.

This week each division's first place teams faceoff, as do the 2nd place teams, third place teams, etc.

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
I did win my championship game (look a few posts back for details) by 7 points. I would have lost, however, if he had actually played Darrell Jackson instead of Curtis Conway, who he though was back from an injury. He in fact did not play. heh. He still gets 40% of the pot: 30% for 2nd place, and 10% for being the points winner. So my nice lil payday will be coming shortly, when the treasurer gets back from his week off :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I had a great championship game. After the completion of the 4pm games, I have a 167-61 lead, and my opponent (the defending champ) only has his tight end and a defensive player left for the two night games. Pennington, Portis, Garner and George all came up big, as did my three defensive players (35 total points, which is way above average).

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I win !! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
First time in the money in like 7 years. $2400 :) I can finally post about it cuz I'm so superstitious.
Admittedly, my team limped home losing it's last 3 games (we have no playoffs -- it's record+points), but at its height, I built up a huge lead in points and the 1st place in record team couldn't overtake the 2nd place in points team (I was 2nd in record at 12-4 & 1st in points). Around week 10, I had pretty much the best team ever drafted, until I started getting hit by injuries to McNabb, Faulk, Griese & Holmes. Bear in mind, we have no trades or weekly waivers, either:
QB McNabb
RB Holmes
RB Faulk
WR Burress
WR Coles
WR Gardner/Bruce
K Mare/Feely
WC Brady/Griese

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Congrats Tom!
I came in third in my league. Missed the Championship Game by 7 points. :frowning:
Go buy yourself some DVDs, and then get ready for next season!

Users who are viewing this thread