1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantastic .... www.Tron20.net has gone live

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, Jun 11, 2002.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Well-Known Member

http://www.tron20.net/
    This is a great improvement over tronkillerapp.com and the site gives June 18 as the next update.
    Cannot wait for this

2. Neil White

Neil White Well-Known Member

Pretty cool....

N

3. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?

Tony D.
    all it does is say next transmission 6-18-2002

4. Chris Sypal

Chris Sypal Well-Known Member

You do know, that Tron 2.0 is a PC game, right?

5. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Well-Known Member

This was posted on www.darkhorizons.com
    Tron 2.0: 'Jason' clears up what's going on with the rumoured sequel: "At E3 last month I spoke with a bunch of people from Disney Interactive, Monolith productions and LithTech Inc. These are the various companies making the upcoming Tron 2.0 game. I was told flat out that as of right now, there is no Tron 2.0 movie in production. That site you mentioned yesterday is strictly for the game, not the movie. I was surprised, because I had assumed the game was a tie-in for a simultaneous movie...apparently not. Disney is carefully watching the game's development though, and people who will (hopefully) work on the movie have been involved with the game's development, making sure that if and when a movie *does* happen, it's not going to step on the continuity established in the game. Oh, and uberdesigner Syd Mead is consulting on the game's development...hopefully this means he'll be directly involved with the movie when it happens".

6. Chris M

Chris M Well-Known Member

IMDB seems to think that "Tron Killer App" is a movie, and it's current working title is "Tron 2.0"
    Here's the link
    Chris.

7. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Well-Known Member

actually when you watch the Tron DVD you will see that th release date is 2003 for the sequel. There are several references to the sequel in the 90 minute documentary commented upon by steven lisberger, the director

8. Geoffrey_A

Geoffrey_A Well-Known Member

Actually, Killer App is never identified as a sequel. I suspected it was a game, and that appears to be the case. They mention that they would consider doing a sequel and have some ideas for it in the documentary, but they never say such a sequel is in production.

9. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Well-Known Member

Even if it was a movie, doesn't this belong in the Movies section?